Re: Eleven Reasons Why Noah's Flood Had To Be Universal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Watchman on July 12, 1997 at 11:41:28:

In Reply to: Eleven Reasons Why Noah's Flood Had To Be Universal posted by Barry on July 11, 1997 at 22:59:04:

: Eleven Reasons Why Noah's Flood Had To Be Universal

: 1. The language of the account over and over again expresses totality (Gen. 7:18-24)

Barry if you will look up the word earth you will find it is eretz in hebrew: meaning earth, land, country, region...just go to your concordance and look up those other words and see how many times "eretz" is used to describe them. A farmer says "Your on my eretz/land/earth". Also, notice that it says only Noah and those with him. Well in 1chr 2:55 we see Kenites mixed in with Israel thus either Kenites, the sons of Cain, were sailing the big blue sea with Noah or God did not destroy all that were on the planet. Another thing to remember is who were mixing with the fallen angels, sons of God. It was the adamic women who Messiah would come through and only Noah was perfect in his pedegree, tamim in hebrew. If you will do a hebrew study on Genesis 6:9 you will find out we are told explicitly that this is the family history,geneology, of Noah. Noah was a just man who was perfect in his pedigree (not having mixed with the sons of God) amongst his race /generations which is his contemporaries. He walked with God, one must conclude that his obedient sons did as well. At least until after the flood. Satan wanted to pollute the blood line of Adam to prevent Messiah from coming, but God had ONE man still pure in pedigree, not a mamzar/halfbreed. Anyone who looks up the word Kenite will know they are Cains children, see my study on Kenites http://www.supernet.net/~watchman and you will be able to plainly see how important they are to fulfilling the negative part of prophecy and had to stay alive to do so.

: 2. If 150 days were needed for the water to recede, it must have been universal.

I find no reason to assume its universal in scope because the water needed 150 days to recede. The region Noah lived was huge and thus its a lot of H2O.

: 3. The size of the ark indicates that this was no local flood.

Again, this is an assumption on your part as just go to any big water mass, ie great lake, inland sea and look at all the big boats. The water isnt over the whole earth now, so why should it be then?

: 4. If the flood was only local, why was the ark necessary at all?

Well, now that is the big question. Or maybe it should be why was the flood necessary at all ! God had to get rid of the mamzar breeding between the sons of God an daughters of Adam. They were polluted and evil and God ended it via a flood. To witness to them and warn them, God had Noah spend 120 of his years building showing his faith by his works, and proclaiming the truth of God. A type of salvation picture is then given by a flood (antichrist will send a flood after us soon) and the Ark of God protecting Noah. Noah had to put in his own sweat and faith to follow what God said, just as we if we are to overcome the flood of antichrist must prepare as Noah did, the last generation 120 years maximum allowed for a generation. We are the last generation and few are exercising their faith working on the Ark that will save us from the flood of Antichrist. Our ark is the word of God , His seal in our minds, protecting us from the lies of Antichrist and ever minister leading God's ppl astray.

: 5. The purpose of the flood was the punishment of world-wide sin. A local flood would not do; some could have escaped.

The purpose of the flood was to stop the mixing between the sons of God and daughters of Adam and purify the adamic race again. Satan knows Messiah will come through one of Eve's daughters so he isnt bothering with mixing with the other races, whats the point, just pollute the one Messiah is to come through. The other races didnt need to escape the flood, only the rigtheous of Adams lineage.

: 6. There are universal traditions of people with accounts of the flood.

Chinese history goes back about 10,000 years and there is an account I think in the ming dynasty writing, dont quote me on that, of a flood up to the top of Mt. Ararat. Jeremiah 4:23-27 gives us the account of the first flood of this flesh age, and it begins just as Genesis 1:2 begins telling us God destroyed the first age with a flood and NOTHING , not one man, tree, animal survived it. God made a full end, and that is the universal flood you see in writings including the bible. A note of interest is that the dove brought back an olive branch to show God had spared them and they would walk on land again. Olive trees are probably the slowest growing of all trees, it would take a lot longer than the time Noah was in the ark for a new tree to form and grow and offer an olive branch. The tree was not destroyed by the waters because it wasnt touched by them.

: 7. The promise of no future floods (Gen. 9:15) would be false if it had been if it had been only a local flood.

This is a good argument to bring up. Who was targeted with the flood? Adams children who had mixed, thus God is saying I will not wipe you out again via a flood, no next time its with fire. LOL The Hebrew word for "flesh" is rendered man, or alive. Again, Kenites survived so God didnt destroy all others on the planet and save only Noah and his family. 1 Chronicles 2:55

: 8. A universal flood is the clearest meaning of the text and has priority.

I disagree as I have previously stated, the reason for the flood was to get rid of the half breeds who would destroy the lineage of Messiah, and that was the priority. Yes, there were again some mixing but not on the scale that was before.

: 9. Ending ice ages, dissolving canopies, continental drifting, and/or changes in the angle of the earth were all used to create necessary conditions.

I think that all happened in Genesis 1:2 as Jeremiah 4:23-27 points out. Well, actually it was the end of all life and instant freezing of some animals so that today you can go to the tungra and find Mammoths with buttercups in their mouths showing how sudden the freeze came.

: 10. The mountains of Ararat are high and since water seeks it own level and the ark came to rest there, they must have been covered.

Again, an assumption on your part Barry. What if the ark were at the lowest point in the area, and the water came and rose and it floated in the middle area for most of the time and God moved it over to the side area, not the same local part Noah left, and the side area of the flood was the Mt.s of Ararat as Chinese history points to that great flood? I am only offering another view, an guess on my part as was your pervious statement on your part.

: 11. There are world-wide traces of the flood. A universal flood is geologically supportable.

Again, Genesis 1:2 expanded and explained in Jer 4:23-27. That is the worldwide flood written about and shown in the geological tables.

: Barry

In His service,

Watchman
http://www.supernet.net/~watchman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: