Re: Is the Apocrypha legitimate?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jitm on July 06, 1998 at 10:23:42:

In Reply to: Is the Apocrypha legitimate? posted by Milt on July 04, 1998 at 13:04:40:

: Just how valid are these books?

Let us first off ask ourselves what was the motivation behind their removal from the view of the lay person. Rome for the most part was responsible for this action along with the actions of the Hillel sect of the Pharisees. In some cases Rome felt that these text were of no valve to the lay person because they could not understand the context of the writings and in some cases it was just the act of an individual who felt he had the authority to do so. In the case of the Hillel sect of the Pharisees well, we know what their motivations were and still are. Never the less, they are here and are enjoying a great comeback by the layman of the church. As to whether the reasons for their comeback can be laid at the feet of those that are to teach the layman the deeper things of G-d I can not say. What I can say is, if the leaders of the Christian community can not or will not take the lead in trying to quench the ever growing hunger for the knowledge of G-d and their Christian roots then, the Christian community will go elsewhere to gain that knowledge. Feel good religion just does not make it for some followers of G-d and I'm not quit sure it makes it with G-d, but I can not speak for Him, just for me. Are books such as Enoch which tells us about the fall of the B' nai Elohim and how painful it was for the Great I AM when Azazel said "I am greater that you" or the texts that tells us that Pilate came to know that J-sus was the Messiah, or what about all the texts that tells of the great love for J-sus by a much greater number of orthodox Jews than we are told about and how these Jews truely loved His teachings. We each one of us are trying to gain the knowledge of the Great I AM, The Father, G-d, YHWH or what ever His true name really is. It's what is in your heart, Y'shus is the Son of the Father G-d and He was sent to teach all that would lean an ear and heart to His teachings. Do not take any ones word, look for yourselves and pray that you be guides by Him for the answer to this question. May He that Lives Forever send His Light to those that are His, may He bless all that are looking for His Sons return, and may we be counted acceptable to be with Him in Paradise, amen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]