Re: Step Up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J. on June 16, 1998 at 21:24:25:

In Reply to: Re: Step Up posted by Br. Clif on June 16, 1998 at 13:14:38:

: : Not really. What I have done is an attempt to "fill in the blanks" regarding what you may or may not believe. Since you have failed to "step up" and say openly to me what it is, it may be subject to some speculation.
: : Psychology was my minor. If I was "projecting" as you assert, I would "reject Orthodox teaching" to be consistent with your "pseudo-analysis".

: Actually, when a person "projects", they project their likeness, what they are, what they believe, etc. onto another person, but often fail to see that they possess the same qualities which they are railing against when it comes to the other person.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Think a bit. The "projection" as you have asserted would necessitate rejection of the teaching as you do, to properly project, for with it the "subject" becomes a temporary likeness of "himself" to argue with, "projecting" that personality onto the arguee. This is a "jump" beyond mere simple "projection" into its' less-known, yet observable manifestation. That I have not rejected anything Orthodox, but on the contrary, have been continually mentioning and fully emphasizing same, negates your position.
Now, what we MAY be doing is not "psychological" in that sense. It is merely attempting to fathom the inner workings: thought processes, motivations, religious postitions, etc. This is "normally" called "conversing".
Furthermore, attempting to drag down Spiritual truth to the dregs of "psycho-logisms" is a very boring way to go. It is utterly insufficient.

: : By the way, what DO you believe? I think it is fair to say that you think you are "better", even, I daresay, better than the Apostle Paul, since you have rejected his words from what I have heard.

: How is a discussion about who is "better" any part of our faith? Where did you pluck this wild hair from?

: : Just come right out and state your beliefs. Hello?

: For the most part, I believe like most Sacred Namers, except that I do not subscribe to Athanasius' canon of the Bible. My views on "Paul" are not permitted open expression on this forum, according to the guidelines, last I read them, but are stated outright elsewhere, without apology.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

O.K., make me "go fetch". Where is this URL?

: If you want to know what I teach concerning "Paul", search for it. It's out there. I won't give you a direct link to clink on, because that would be subjecting the scriptures to higher criticism, so-called, and that would get this post deleted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then email me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: --Br. Clif

:
: : J.

: : ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: : : : What we have here is an example of a person (Br. C.) who perhaps thinks that he is "too good" to learn anything from persons who he considers "beneath him". These kinds of persons get mad and complain about the corrections, refusing to believe they might be mistaken. They do this because they have an agenda other than Orthodox teaching, and they have logged so many years in false teaching, they are ashamed to admit they wasted so much time there. When you point out their errors in reasoning, they just "blow up" because they cannot rationally deal with it.
: : : : I think we should focus on this "Ebionites" issue and get him to confirm or deny his root beliefs openly instead of him having to couch his posts in random raillery.

: : : : J.

: : : Boy, that was one well-documented post!

: : : --Br. Clif

: : : P.S.: Ever hear of a psychological phenomena called "projection"? No? Well, you're doing it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]