Re: you missed the point!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David C on May 30, 1998 at 01:22:33:

In Reply to: Re: D'vorah, you missed the point! posted by Lou on May 29, 1998 at 18:54:47:

: When I look at Yahushua I see a man who kept Torah without transgressing it. He said that he is the way (HaDerek Yahweh). He left us example of how to walk. Kefa/Peter said that we should follow in his footsteps. He added, Yahushua never transgressed Torah! doesn't that tell you something?

Yes, that does tell me something, but now you tell me, do you want to walk like Y'shua walked? If Y'shua is an example to us that "man" is able to keep Torah without transgressing it, then show me even one person that has followed Y'shua's example.

: You cannot disconnect Yahushua HaMaschiach and HaTorah.

Is that what I did? What makes you so sure?

:I can also "guess" many reasons why Kefa sunk. The whole affair was about walking over water, not about keeping HaTorah!

Matt 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Master, save me. 31 And immediately Y'shua stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

I am not guessing now, he sank because he was afraid and in his "little faith," he doubted.

:The punch line is the realization that Yahushua is the son of Yahweh! Torah is not even remotely connected with the event.

I John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth ALSO the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Rom 14:23 And he that DOUBTETH is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for WHATSOEVER is not of FAITH is sin.

I think that this, at the least, remotely connects the event with Torah, and more likely absolutely connects them.

: You seem to follow Christian fables... they are pretty good at it :-)

Prov. 1:22.

:
: Shabbat Shalom
: Lou

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]