The Woman Israel and the Moon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yacov Seedeater on May 09, 1998 at 13:57:36:

In Reply to: Re: The Menstrual Cycle posted by for Yacov Seedeater on May 06, 1998 at 16:01:07:

: Shalom Mr.Yacov Seedeater, I would love to have whatever references you may have on this subject..i will look up what you have given me, please mail me.

Shalom aleichem, Kaitlyn;
First let me apologize for taking so long to get back to you; this is a public access terminal and it is not alwas available when I would like to use it.
Leviticus 12 and Revelation 12 are dealing with the same matter from different, perspectives of course. The laws of Taharat haMishpocah, the ritual cleanliness of women after childbirth, are addressed here in the Torah while a pregnant woman is seen with the moon under her feet in Rev. 12. Let's frist start with the Hebrew words for moon.

'Yareach' is the common word and two ideas are implied in it. One, the idea of the ascending and descending cycle of the moon and two, the color yellow-green. 'Yar' is the same root found in the word 'Jordan' as in the Jordan river, which name means descending judgment, which river the nation of Israel had to cross to enter into the promised land. This river signifies death to all that is natural.The yellow-green color associated with the word 'Yerech' is also the same as the name for the country Iraq. Iraq lies in the fertile 'yellow-green' lands that straddle the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers as the waters 'descend' from the heights of Mt.Ararat and the Zagros Mountains of Kurdistan.
The next word for moon is 'Lebanah', which is associated with the whiteness of the light of the full moon as in the phrase 'by the light of the silvery moon'. Throughout the New Testament the only references found that mention the moon speak of it as not giving off its light. I.e., the nation of Israel was to be obscured about two thousand years during the 'Age of Grace'. Only in this passage in Revelation 12 is the moon seen giving off its light, which indicates the end of the 'Church Age' and the reinstitution of the Age of Torah, Daniel's seventieth week.
One denomination maintains that the woman is the 'church' and the baby to be born is Yeshua which is nonsense because Messiah brought forth the bride when his side was pierced at Calvary: He brought forth the bride not she gave birth to him. The error of insisting that the woman is 'Mary' or the 'Church' is perpetuated by the Madonna and child myth embodied in the 'Christmas' observances of Catholics and Protestants alike, regardless of their denial of Babylonian entanglements. That the woman is Israel is seen in Joseph's dream in Gen. 37. When he told it to his father, Jacob replied, "Shall YOUR MOTHER AND I, and your brothers come and bow down to the earth before you?" Because husband and wife become one flesh, Joseph's mother, Leah, because Rachel was already dead (Gen. 36:16-18) is pictured as the moon and representative of Israel, not 'the church'. Those who say because Jacob had two wives and two concubines, 'Israel' cannot be represented by the woman in heaven, consider 2 John 1 and 13 The elder TO THE ELECT LADY AND HER CHIDREN..... and, THE CHIDREN OF YOUR ELECT SISTER greet you. Also 1 Peter 5:13, She who is in Babylon, ELECT TOGETHER WITH YOU, greets you. Peter addresses this letter to 'the pilgrims of the diaspora' that is, dispersed ISRAEL who became believers in Yeshua at Jerusalem on Shavuot (Pentecost) in Acts chapter 2. In Gal. 2:7 Paul wrote, the gospel for the cast-offs (Gr. akrobustia; the 'foreskins'; the part which is 'cast away' after circumcision, meaning the gentiles) was committed to me as was for the circumcision to Peter. Very few 'Christians' today acknowledge that there ever was a ministry to Israelites in exile, but this is a major theme of the New Testament and was foretold in the prophecies of the Book of Hosea.
Leviticus 12;2-4 says that an Israelite woman remains in her uncleanness 7 days after the birth of a son, he is then circumcised on the 8th day, and then continue in her impurity for 33 days (totaling 40 days). Because bible prophecy often has a scale of a smaller magnitude representing a larger one, as in 'a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day', let's let a day equal a jubilee of 49 yrs. Our precedent for this is found in John 4:35 Yeshua says, "Do not say, 'Yet four months and then comes the harvest,' Behold, I say unto you, look at the fields for they are already white unto the harvest." There are always 4 months between Shavuot the beginning of the wheat haarvest, and Succot, the conclusion of the harvest of trees and summerfruits. It has been (4x490) = 1960 yrs. + 30 A.D + 7 odd years that the harvest of souls have been reaped in the mission fields of the earth. that makes 40 jubilees or 4 'jubilee months' or 40 'jubilee days' have transpired since the resurrection of Yeshua from the dead, THE THIRD DAY, according to the scriptures. What happened to Israel for 343 years (7 'jubilee days'x49 yrs) after the rejection of Yeshua by the nation? This puts us at the end of the reign of Constantine and I leave it for others to complete the pattern. Now we are 33 'jubilee days' beyond that point and the moon is now once again beginning to give off her light as the messianic movement is drawing together the natural seed of Israel who have become born again and are returning to the ancient paths to dwell in, where the good way is.
The genealogy of Yeshua recorded in Matthew is not a complete genealogy. It is intending to teach something else beside natural lineage for that reason. The key to that mystery is found in verse 17. So all the generations from Abraham to David were 14 generations, from David to the captivity in Babylon 14 generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until Mshaich wer 14 generations. the Midrash of Exodus, Shemot Rabbah 15, tells us ... before Elohim took Isrel out of Egypt, He hinted to them (by first commanding them to sanctify the new moons) that their kingdom would not set for 30 generations ( the month consists of 30 days and so would their kingdom endure for 30 generations. On the first of the month, Rosh Chodesh, the moon begins to shed her light and her light grows UNTIL THE 15TH, and then from the 15th to the 30th, her light diminishes, till it is no longer seen on the 30th. Likewise Israel: 15 generations passed from Abraham to Solomon (new moon to full moon) When Solomon came the moon was full; from that time, the Kings of Judah (the House of David) continuously diminished for another 15 generations. When Zedekiah came, the light was completely lacking. The renewal of the full moon is an allusion to the renewal of the House of David; as it is written: David, King of Israel, lives and endures.
From the above we see that Matthew 1 is written as a response to the Exodus Midrash. I hoped you enjoyed this and Shalom Aleichem! Since his time we have had another 56 generations.
Yacov Seedeater

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]