Re: Graphics are impressive, but the labelling is a lie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by uriahu on April 21, 1998 at 19:58:01:

In Reply to: Graphics are impressive, but the labelling is a lie posted by Xavier Swetwater on April 20, 1998 at 10:57:59:

Shalom Alechem to all,
First of all xavier, what makes you think I am angry?
Second of all, I don't think Yahshua rose on the first day.
I believe Yahshua ate the Pesach,was crucified on the same
day, and was buried before the 15th, as it was a high day, and
rose three days later at the end of the weekly shabbat, just in time for the wave offering "on the morrow after the sabbath".
Nowhere do the scriptures state that Yahshua rose on the first
day.three accounts show Yahshua eating the passover, and since
Yahshua IS perfect, he would have observed the feast perfectly!
It would have been unlawful to eat the passover any other time.
It would have been unlawful for Judas to go out with the money
bag and make purchases (John 13:29) It would have been unlawful
to wave the sheaf of the firstfruits on the third day!
By the way. Isn't "Xavier" the name of a famous Jesuit missionary? Kind of like "seedeater" don't you think?

Uriah7

: : Shalom,
: : So Mr. simple truth,what is your evidence to the contrary?
: : I personally think our brother Daniel has made a good point.
: : Yahshua couldn't have been crucified on Friday, because that would not give three days and three nights for Yahshua.
: : sincerely
: : Uriah7

: : : I like your charts but your theory is full of holes. It always amazes me that someone can continue to hold to a doctrin when there is so much evidence to the contrary.

:
: >>>Uriahu,
: So you presume that Yeshua rose on the first day then? Obviously you believe that "the third day" does not mean what it literally says and you must therefore redefine it to suit your own purpose, whatever that may be. What I like about this controversy is that those who do not believe the scriptures for what they plainly state are made manifest. It is quite easy to go on the attack when one has nothing to say of substance, so kindly state what it is that YOU believe.
: The technique of picking sides but not dealing with the issues involved is representative of a perspective that wants to sway unaware readers by force of numbers and not by opening the scriptures as Yeshua did with the disciples on the road to Emmaus. Your insistence that Yeshua could not have been crucified on a Friday, while fundamentally flawed because the focus of the scriptures dwells on the day that he rose from the dead and not upon what day of the week he died, and which can easily be figured by counting backwards three days and three nights from the third day of the week on which he rose according to the scriptures (1 Cor. 15:4), does not even jibe with the terminololgy of the scriptures which nowhere label days according to the Roman nomenclature. Might I suggest that you acquaint yourself with the Jewishness of the scriptures and the biblical method of observing time before you come to determined opinions about what occurred and when, and thus take sides before the truth has been revealed to you by the Holy Spirit? I believe this to be the only failsafe 'method' for understanding the truth because 'the natural man does not recieve the things off the spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know (become one with them, from the greek 'ginosko')because they are spiritually discerned.'(1 Cor. 2:14) If this angers you and you want to avenge yourself, I simply ask you, Where is that anger coming from?
: After reading many of the posts in this forum about this subject in particular, it has become apparent to me that most of what passes for 'searching the scriptures' is but so much 'Now that I've made up my mind, please don't confuse me with the facts!' There is an anointing that teaches all things to belivers but is so absent from much of what transpires here and elsewhere on the net since its proliferation. Will the real spirit-led men of this generation please make his presence known?

: Xavier Sweetwater

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]