Re: To Tamar

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TrustInYahweh on March 23, 1998 at 03:04:37:

In Reply to: Re: To Tamar posted by Tamar on March 22, 1998 at 08:06:20:

You mean all someone had to do was post a message to you, and you would answer? I thought you weren't here. Have you been looking over our shoulders all this time? We've missed you. Email me if you get this and let me know how you and the kids are doing. Take care sis. Shalom

: Shalom,

: Thank you for your reply. May our Abba YHWH bless us all as we seek to follow Him.

: Possibly I can explain myself a little clearer. I could not ever say any group is not of YHWH unless what they taught contradicted scripture. I have heard of groups that claim that unless their elders or pastor baptizes you, you cannot be saved. That is dangerous to teach!! It is not a group or assembly that grants us salvation, or our Messiah would have died in vain. Yes, Yahchanan
: proclaimed the coming of Yahushua with a call "repent for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand" Mat. 3:2 - to fulfill that which was spoken of by Isaiah, "THe voice of the one crying in the wilderness, make ready the way of YHWH, making his path straight...v.3

: My questions...need we follow man? Can we obtain our salvation via a group or a following? Can any such group hold a claim that "they and only they are the true followers of YHWH."

: Let's look at scriptures...Deut 16:20...

: Deuteronomy 16:20 - That which is altogether just shalt thou follow, that thou mayest live, and inherit the land which YHWH thy Elohim giveth thee.

: Isaih 51:1-6...

: Isaiah 51:1 - Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek YHWH: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
: Isaiah 51:2 - Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
: Isaiah 51:3 - For YHWH shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of YHWH; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
: Isaiah 53:4 - Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of Elohim, and afflicted.
: Isaiah 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
: Isaiah 53:6 - All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and YHWH hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

: Our savior said the following...Mat 19:21...

: Matthew 19:21 - Yahushua said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

: Mark 8:34 - And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

: Mark 10:21 - Then Yahushua beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the stake, and follow me.

: John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

: John 12:26 - If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

: Now Paul said...

: 1Timothy 6:3 - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Master Yahushua the Messiah, and to the doctrine which is according to reverence;

: 1Timothy 6:11 - But thou, O man of YHWH, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, reverence, faith, love, patience, meekness.
: 1Timothy 6:12 - Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
: 1Timothy 6:13 - I give thee charge in the sight of YHWH, who quickeneth all things, and before the Messiah Yahushua , who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession
: 1Timothy 6:14 - That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Master Yahushua the Messiah:

: 2Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto YHWH, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
: 2Timothy 2:16 - But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more wickedness.
: 2Timothy 2:17 - And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
: 2Timothy 2:18 - Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
: 2Timothy 2:19 - Nevertheless the foundation of YHWH standeth sure, having this seal, YHWH knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of the Messiah depart from iniquity.
: 2Timothy 2:20 - But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
: 2Timothy 2:21 - If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
: 2Timothy 2:22 - Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on YHWH out of a pure heart.
: 2Timothy 2:23 - But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
: 2Timothy 2:24 - And the servant of YHWH must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
: 2Timothy 2:25 - In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if YHWH peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

: If you can all of chapter 12 of Hebrews.

: Let's now turn to 1Peter chapters 1 and 2

: 1Peter 1:22 - Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

: 1Peter 2:21 - For to this you were called, because the Messiah also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:

: Don't forget the warning in Ezekiel 13 about following after false prophets.

: I'd like to end with John 18:33-38...

: John 18:33 - Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Yahushua, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
: John 18:34 - Yahushua answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
: John 18:35 - Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
: John 18:36 - Yahushua answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
: John 18:37 - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Yahushua answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
: John 18:38 - Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

: Can we answer what truth is?...

: John 14:6 - Yahushua saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

: Let us follow not after man, but follow after the Messiah alone.

: My warning is not against those who follow after the Messiah and seek after righteousness, but rather against those who claim that salvation can only be obtained through their group or following.

: Revelations 22:11 - "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
: Revelations 22:12 - "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
: Revelations 22:13 - "I am the Aleph and the Tav, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
: Revelations 22:14 - Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

: Love in Yahushua,

: Tamar

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]