Avoiding The Issues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake on March 21, 1998 at 18:05:20:

In Reply to: Re: Sabbath Resurrection posted by Daniel on March 21, 1998 at 13:01:29:

: Jake,

: If you want to have an intelligent debate, then you can start by showing that "first of the Sabbaths," does not mean the first Sabbath day after Passover. It is obvious that you want to ignore the passages.
: On another note: Do you also think that Yayshua is not Yahweh Elohim, the first and the last, before whom there is no Elohim, and after whom there shall be none?
: It will help me to understand your resistence if you could clarify this.
: Finally, what alternative do you have to the Sabbath Resurrection. I'd be happy to point out how it contradicts the Scriptures.

: Daniel

Daniel,

Nice try in trying to avoid the issues. First of all I posed the challenge to present the historical evidence for a sabbath resurrection. I also pointed out the scriptural premise of a matter being established upon two or three witnesses.

Your response now to claim my ignoring your passages about the "first of the Sabbaths." No I am not ignoring the passages and am quite willing to discuss them. The burden of proof is first upon you to present a response to my request for historical evidence. It is you who is doing the ignoring.

No need to distract from the discussion by asking me about the about Yahweh Elohim. It is not relevant for the discussion.

No need to understand my resistance. You just need to address the evidence or lack thereof and respond.

There is no alternative from my point of view based upon the scriptural and historical perspective. A first day resurrection has always been recognized as the true resurrction day including the early assemblies and those who would present a different day would be the ones presenting a different viewpoint. The ball in in your court so to speak. A better question would be: Why are you so resistent?

Again I am quite willing to discuss the "first of the Sabbaths" after you present the historical evidence and the required witnessess as required by Scriptures.

Just the facts please.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]