Gen 1:28

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Berean on March 04, 1998 at 09:37:48:

Shalom!

just an interesting thought. We are all aware of what being fruitful, and multiplying implies, in the physical sense.
How often, do we take a passage like this, in a spiritual sense?
Here we have a blessing and a command to be fruitful, and multiply, is YHWH only talking about physically?
In Gen 9:1, we see the same blessing given to Noah
In Gen 17:6 YHWH tells Abraham that he will be made exceedingly fruitful.
In Gen 28:3 The blessing is passed to Jacob
In Gen 35:11 El Shaddai gives Israel(Jacob)the blessing
(Gen 41:52 KJV) And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For Elohim hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.
{Gen 41:52: ~Ephraim means "double fruit/fruitful." ~}

Gen 49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:
a blessing from Jacob
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb................................................
(Deu 30:9 KJVR) And YHWH your Elohim will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for YHWH will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:

(Deu 30:11 KJV) For this commandment(mitsvah) which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
(Deu 30:12 KJV) It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
(Deu 30:13 KJV) Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
(Deu 30:14 KJV) But the word(D'var) is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

(Prov 11:30 KJV) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

(Isa 3:10 KJV) Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

(Jer 17:10 KJV) I YHWH search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

(Jer 32:19 KJV) Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Psalm 127
(Mat 3:10 KJV) And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

(Jer 23:3 KJV) And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

(Deu 30:10 KJVR) If thou shalt hearken(shema') unto the voice of YHWH your Elohim to keep his commandments(Mitsvah) and his statutes which are written in this book of the law(Torah), and if thou turn unto YHWH your Elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Shema' Yisra'el! (Deut 6:4-

May YHWH guide and bless you all in the fruit of your spirit.
Shalom!
brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]