None are perfect

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel on March 01, 1998 at 20:13:33:

In Reply to: Re: Atonement: D'vorah and Sue posted by Moses on March 01, 1998 at 18:18:18:

Moshe,

I confess, I did not read your whole post! But I didn't need to to find the obvious error.

You said,

"1 John chapter one is written to the new born babies in Yahshua and tells them that they have all sinned but if they
repent he will forgive them. Chapter two is written to the little children to let them know that they are to strive to be
sinless, however if they do sin they have an advocate with the Father, Yahshua the Messiah. Chapter three is for the
mature children and tells them that they cannot sin because they have the seed of Yahweh in them."

This interpretation of 1 Yokhanan is heretical. The one born of Yahweh does not commit the high handed sin (cf. bmidbar 15 [Numbers 15], but the inadvertant sins remain with us until death, and the one who has the seed of Yahweh can still commit those. There are no "mature children" who "cannot sin" and to teach that such is attainable is to commit the sin of the Adversary. What sin is that? That is the sin of pride. The sin in the flesh will not be done away until this body of death is done away.
If we say we have no sin, the truth is not in us. This is a universal test applicable to all who were born in sin, no matter how mature they are. If they fail the test, then they are not in the faith.
So I say to you, rexamine yourself, and stop teaching heresy.

In Yahweh's name,

Daniel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]