Re: Passover Study

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sue on March 01, 1998 at 00:22:53:

In Reply to: Re: Passover Study posted by D'vorah on February 28, 1998 at 11:28:53:

You have an excellent point on the blood D'vorah. Yet another aspect we had overlooked. Thanks for calling attention to that and yes, we do agree it is faith that attained them salvation before Yahshua came. Gen. 15:6, "And he believed in Yahweh; and He counted it to him for righteousness." (speaking of Abram)
Only Yahshua can cleanse us from sin.

In Yah's Love,
Sue

: : Shabbat Shalom Everyone!

: : Below is an article my husband wrote, and it is published in the YEA Feb. Newsletter. Since Passover is coming soon, I thought it might be of help to some, to read this. If anyone would like to receive the monthly YEA Newsletter for free, please send your name and address, to the address below:

: : There is much importance of blood in the scriptures. In the OT with the sacrifice of the lamb, and in the NT where Yahshua’s blood was shed and now cleans us from sin. The NT focuses moreso on His Blood than His death, as its His blood that covers us and
: atones for us.

: : The blood from their offerings covered their sins, just as Yahshua’s blood covers us or atones for us and our sins.

:
: Shabbat Shalom!

: I wanted to write and say I thought this study by your husband was very good and I know it will be a blessing to many. I would also like to make one comment though concerning the references in this study that Yahushua's blood covers our sins....I disagree.
: The blood of animals covered sin....this is why the Yehudim never have looked at the blood of animals as their salvation..it was only to cover their sins, emunah/faith is what attained them salvation before Yahushua came.....but the blood of our Redeemer Yahushua did more than just cover....it totally cleanses us of the sin...

: ~1 Yochanan/John 1:7 But if we walk in light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Yahushua HaMashiach His Son cleanses us from all sin.

: I don't believe I have seen reference in the B'rit Chadasha to the blood of Yahushua being a cover....it was the shedding of the lambs blood anciently that represented the shedding of Yahushua's blood...not the covering....anciently all the animal sacrifice's blood were considered a covering for sin but none could cleanse one of sin as Yahushua's did/does.

: May Avi bless you both,

: D'vorah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]