Re: JUDGING OTHERS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sue on February 19, 1998 at 10:00:57:

In Reply to: Re: JUDGING OTHERS posted by WhoamI on February 18, 1998 at 20:27:03:

WhoamI, you talk as though you know me. Might you? You seem to be reading too far into what I had written initially. I NEVER said anything about not being judgmental (to my knowledge). If we see a wrong I agree, we are to bring it to the persons attention. I had stated that brethren are offended at the leaders actions. An elder is to be blameless but many are not. Where do you worship where others blatantly sin in front of you? The services I go to are very civil and behavior is excellent. We have to be careful not to assume other's secret sins, as we ourselves may be the chiefest of sinners. And we are able to confess these secret sins to our Father Yahweh. And I confess its a good possibility I am the chiefest of sinners, but should I confess my sins to you? or to Yahweh? I think to Yahweh.

As for being perfect, I doubt that in this fleshly body we can be. In our spiritual bodies we will be. Yahshua was the only perfect one who walked this earth that I know of.

And listen to what I said WHOAMI....I did not say, "speak soft words to me." Speaking soft words is one thing, but choosing words that will not offend is another. Some seem to think that their title of "elder" is a license to offend. If I could be specific as to what I have witnessed, then you might understand. But at this point I cannot. Nobody in the assemblies today has all the truth. If we did, there would be no need for the 2 witnesses to come back and restore all things before Yahshua's return.

I have a question for you, actually 2. 1-is there a reason you cannot reveal your name? 2-when does reproof become judgment in your mind? If you continually reprove me and I just continue in that sin you have sooner or later got to judge me, don't you?

Sue

: Sue:

: Listen to what was said! I never said I was sinless. I never said it was important for anyone to know everyone's sins. It is a righteous thing for you to show love to your brothers and sisters. The ONLY way we can do that is by keeping the Laws of Yahweh which show us that if we SEE our brother sinning, we are to correct them (not that we are to go out looking for sin in other peoples lives). If we don't do this then we are partakers in their sins and THEIR blood is on OUR heads. I still maintain that those who yell loudest about "not offending" someone or about "not being judgmental" are allowing this false "love" send many brothers and sisters to their death. Either that or they are hanging on to sins they don't want exposed. Nobody wants to hear they are wrong, but it takes an humble righteous man to accept correction without yelling, "You're being judgmental" or pointing the finger back at the other person. When you refuse correction, you are boarding a one way trip to Gehenna. Let the Righteous smite me, it will be a kindness. We must be loving in our reproof, but reproof and correction is NOT JUDGEMENT!

: : To: WhoamI

: : Is it important to you to know everyone's sins? Maybe you think you are sinless? I admit I am not sinless but through grace I can be forgiven and saved. My desire for brothers to show love stems from many brethren being offended by the actions of their so called leaders, the elders of these assemblies. The elders want to stand up and take their place and be our leaders, but they do not lead by example. There is a "do as I say not as I do" attitude in many assemblies I have been in contact with.

: : Agape,
: : Sue

: : :
: : : Sounds to me like everyone is afraid for their sins to be exposed. Your desire for brothers to show "love" sounds like an excuse to do whatever is right in your own eys. But, who am I to judge?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]