Re: The Name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J. on February 04, 1998 at 07:53:25:

In Reply to: Re: The Name posted by D'vorah on February 03, 1998 at 20:04:04:

: : : D'vorah

: : You have sooooooooooooooooo many questions!

:
: Shalom J,

: Soooooooooooooooo many questions keeps one from thinking they know it all Weed Hopper! =)
:

: >>No, the reason why Cephas was recognized wasn't because they were just hanging around doing "verbals" of The Name.

:
: Well...I disagree of course..hehe...because they would had been standing out and making a big controversy with using the Name and also with teachings that the Goyim was to come into the Malkut Shamayim/Kingdom of Heaven, and as a friend had reminded me...the declaring that Yahushua had resurrected from the dead and ascended to shamayim...all this together would cause a BIG stir and make one noticable and cause other to remember them wouldn't you say?....I think this is obvious in the Scriptures.
:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm sure we all agree that the topic of the gentiles entering basileia tou Theou was what Cephas was proposing while the interrogation of Moshiach took place...NOT. That Y'shua had not yet resurrected does not seem to interfere with your thesis either.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: >>Fat chance with the Pharisees a'lurkin'! The Scripture on that is clear, (poieo delon)= makes evident. Mt. 26:73. They were recognized, clearly NOT because of their behaviour, but because of the dialect that they spoke.

:
: The Scripture in Mattitayahu 26:73..."..because your speech betrays you"...does not mean Sela/Peter spoke an different dialect of Hebrew but that he had an GALILEAN "ACCENT"! See Luke 14:70....the concordance says that the 'speach' is meaning 'accent'...and this makes more sense...anyone one with an accent that was to learn Hebrew that accent would be noticable no? Doesn't mean they would speak a different dialect of the Hebrew.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now you take the opposite tack, and align yourself with me....interesting.... That was my main point, if you will recall. Dialects are always accompanied by changes in accent. Comes with the territory. *shrug* Also, where is one supposed to find Luke 14:70??????? (your reference, see above) You can't be serious. Or is it a joke? At any rate, I'm pleased to find that you are using a Concordance. *G* (Strong's? Young's?)
J.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: B'shalom,

: D'vorah
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]