Re: I don't know why I am writing.....I am looking for answers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Br. Clif on March 31, 1997 at 21:40:48:

In Reply to: I don't know why I am writing.....I am looking for answers posted by Harold on March 31, 1997 at 10:21:30:

Shalom Aleichem, Harold!

>I never felt comfortable being Jewish is a Christian world. Being descrimintated for being Jewish in a mostly Catholic town, the Anti-semitism through the ages by Christians, etc. etc. I have learned to mistrust Christians. I am at a total loss as to why I am being drawn to your movement. I also would be a total outcast within my family, by jest trying to get more information.

Harold, I hope that you are truly sincere, as boards like these, where people who used to be Jesus-worshiping Christians are now Torah-attempting Messianics, have been known to get "Jewish" people coming on, hearing what the Messianics had to say about the Bible and about YaHushua the Messiah, coming to faith in Him as the Messiah, and then swinging back to Judaism, thus attempting to discourage the Messianics in their faith and in their witnessing. I hope that is not what you are. Praise YHWH for you if you are not! We would be glad to share with you the truth of the Tanakh and the teachings of YaHushua of Natzaret.

: As I said I am not sure why I am reaching out to you, other than I can't get this 'calling' out of my mind. I haven't been an overly observant or practicing Jew. I aslos have never previously been drawn to Christianity. If any thing I have been turned off as I said before. I also not sure what I expect, or am asking from you in response to this. Any insight or response would be appreiciated.

We do not advocate your converting to Christianity, either. Our counsel to you would be to simply come to believe that YaHushua is the Mashiach, that His blood was spilled for YOUR sake, as a covering for your sins and Torah-violations. We advise you to continue keeping the Torah as best you can, but to do better than you have. We, too, are much like Jews in a Christian world. We don't celebrate the Roman and Pagan holidays, instead keeping the Israelite Festivals that Judaism keeps. Our efforts to keep YHWH's Torah set us apart from the pseudo-Christian and Christian cultures which surround us. You are welcome to come here in the privacy of your own home, at any time.

To the Eytz Chayim!

--Br. Clif

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]