Re; YHWH is HIS Name.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tamar on December 16, 1997 at 13:45:33:

In Reply to: Yahweh is not G-d's name!!!!! posted by Shlomoh on December 15, 1997 at 07:01:39:

Shalom Shlomoh and all you readers of this forum:

Shlomoh was almost right there. The truth is, not many do know His Name. But He promises to reveal Himself to all :)

Yesterday I was doing a search on my computer on and came across "Jehovah" This search showed me it was erroneously rendered.. Facinating that even in books written by man, we can read over and over..the Name of the Elohim of the Hebrews..who happens to be One and the same, yesterday, today and forever. HalleluYAH!

You too can know His Name..seek out information on the transcripts..the old manuscripts..and you too can know YHWH is His Name :) We too can learn how to pronounce His Name ...our Father wants us to hallow and esteem His Name..remember that it was translators who changed His Name..or perhaps they even thought they were perfecting it?? The evil one cannot hide His Name from us, nor should we easily throw up our hands because of our own doubts. Seek and you will find is His promise...call to ME and I will teach you things you did not know Jer 33:3.

Someone once pointed out the birth of Leah's son Yehudah..what is the meaning of his name?
Gen 29:35
And she conceived again (Leah) and bore a son and said
I praise YHWH
So she called his name Yahudah
Please ponder that verse, and ask YHWH to reveal His Name to you too.

Its very facinating to read up on "The Bible". There are a great many sources to choose from. And through it all, one thing remains the same, our Father :) His Name does not change over time to fit time..so the world would like us to be..you know today I heard this twisted teaching.
using this verse:
1 cor 9:22
I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some.

"We tend to become comfortable with the form of worship, style of music and methods of teaching that brought us know our Father and helped us to mature.
(Already here..what happened? we got comfortable with the teaching of man? What is wrong if our teaching is the Word of YHWH? We should learn it and store it in our hearts!)
"But we can make changes without violation the substance of our faith. Are you willing to adapt your ministry to a changing younger generation as HE leads us into the twenty-first century?"
Wow does that not grab your attention? Is sure does mine! I know what this person is talking about. I am able to go "chat" online. I used to be part of an online christian ministry..and there I meet many who talk about "JC" or the "big cheese" or" Da man" the "big boss" the "righteous dude" its sick!! the total lack of disrespect! From whence comes it? can we blame this "younger generation"? Not at all..what truly is the difference with how they alter HIS Name to fit their lingo of the century..and those who began the process while transliterating His Name erroneously so long ago already. You can purchase "christian rap" and sing to "jc" or "jaycee" From singing j-sus the sweetest name on earth to rapping along to "jc" the change had already begun.
YHWH of the Hebrews...YHWH who made this world, who made us..HE does not change..do we truly have to change HIM to suit us? Change how to worship HIM to reach out to kids who are lied to via television, media etc..to make HIM more appealing??

He changes not, His compassions they fail not, great is HIS faithfulness! Yes there are many seeking the English spelling, some us the sounds, some use hebrew letters..but they are those who seek HIM! We can know for certain YHWH does not change..no matter how man tries to change HIM to suit themselves. HalleluYAH!

To those with questions as to what is His Name? We can clearly know its not the ones man gave Him..that day in which He stood before Moses and said, this is My Name forever...ponder what HE said? Not what man says HE said, but to whom HE was speaking to..the Father of the Hebrews...is that same Father today! That same Father warned us in His laws in Exo 22:15 And in all that I have said to you take heed. And make no mention of the name of other mighty ones, let it not be heard from your mouth.
Why did HE add that?
He already said to us "You do not bring the Name of YHWH your Elohim to nought, for YHWH does not leave the one unpunished who brings HIS Name to nought. Gen 20:7
Do not listen to anyone who says, well His Name really is not important, please don't ever bring His Name to nought!

but pray with Yahushua and say in your heart,
Our Father who is in the heavens, let Your Name be set-apart!
Yours is the reign and the power and the esteem forever! Ahmeyn :) So let it be! Praise YHWH!

Let us encourage one another and help one another to bring Him the esteem! Please let us uphold one another in prayer, lets never try make anyone feel that searching for HIS Name is in vain, for nothing I truly mean nothing is impossible with HIM. Can we sit back content to accept man's way of taking out His Name? Should it not be the full desire of all who call upon HIM to seek out how to honor His Name to the best of the ability HE gives us? When we see a brother or sister doubting, do we sit back and think..hmmmm if there are those doubting His Name to be YHWH, I'll just sit back content with a name some translator gave HIM? Or do we prayfully seek HIM to reveal also to that individual seeking HIS Name? Remember there is One who does not lie, and what HE reveal, let us praise HIM for!

And YHWH spoke to Mosheh saying, Speak to Aaron and his sons saying, "This is how you bless the children of Yisra'el, say to them YHWH bless you and guard you, YHWH make His face to shine upon you, and show favour to you, YHWH lift up His face upon you, and give you peace"
Thus they shall put My Name on the children of Yisra'el and I myself shall bless them. Lev 6:22-27

And YHWH appeared to Shelomoh and this is what He said unto him:

And my people upon whom My Name is called, shall humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and trun from their evil ways, then I shall hear from the heavens and forgive their sin and heal their land. Now, My eyes are open and My ears attentive to the prayer of this place. And now, I have chosen and set this house apart for My Name to be there forever. And My eyes and My heart shall aways be there. and you, if you walk before Me as your father David walked adn do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you guard My laws and My rightrulings then I shall establish the throne of your reign, as I covenanted with David your father saying, There is not to cease a man of yours as a ruler in Yisra'el. But if you turn away and forsake My laws and My commands which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other mighty ones, and bow yourself to them, then I shall pluck them from My land, which I have given them and this house which I have set apart for My Name I shall cast out of my sight and make it to be a proverb and a mokery among all peoples. And this house which has been exalted everyone who passes by it shall be astonsihsed and say, Why has YHWH done this to this land and this house? Then they shall say, Because they forsook YHWH Elohom of their fathers who brought them out of the land of Egypt and embraced other mighty ones and bowed themselves to them and served them, therefore He has brought all this evil on them.

YHWH is the same as HE was then, when HE brought His people out of Egypt. His Name is the same, HE is the same, His faithfulness to us is the same, let us O people let us strive with all our being to grant HIM the same respect and honor to His Name today as HE sought from His people than. For HE seeks that from us today, this very day, this very hour and very moment you do read this post.

All my love in Yahushua,
Tamar

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum at www.eliyah.com/forum/ ] [ FAQ ]