Re: Promise made in the Covenant?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Joseph on November 22, 1997 at 17:44:32:

In Reply to: Promise made in the Covenant? posted by Hannah on November 21, 1997 at 16:17:10:

Dear Hannah,
There are a number of commandments that I can not do because I do not own a field, I am not a priest, I do not live in Israel, the Temple does not stand, I am not a woman etc. etc.
If the Temple did stand, if I was a woman, if I was a priest etc etc. then I would have to do those particular commandments.

Sincerely,
Joseph
: Joseph:

: : : : -- See Malachi 3:6"For I am Yahweh, I CHANGE NOT; therefore ye sons of Yaaqob are not consumed." No matter how much we sin, Yahweh will not break his promise made in the covenant. That, of course, is not to say that we won't be punished for sinning. We will be punished for sinning by our heavenly Father, but the covenant He made lasts forever.
: : : : I am sorry to give you so many verses. I will try not to do that again, but there are many many more verses which state that the "Everlasting covenant" as written in the Hebrew Bible will last forever and that keeping the Laws of Yahweh written in the Hebrew Bible is Yahweh's way.

: : : : Peace and Mercy.
: : : : Sincerely,
: : : : ....:o)

: **************************
: Joseph:

: What do you believe is "His promise made in the Covenant"?

: There were many statues, judgments, and Commandments in the Hebrew Scriptural Torah, including taking the life of an innocent lamb.

: Your people don't do that anymore, can you tell me what was the purpose of sacrificing an animal?

: Sincerely,
: Hannah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: