NOW FOR THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on November 03, 1997 at 14:30:01:

Since Christianity is deeply rooted in paganism, I though I should investigate the word ‘CHURCH’... I was told that it came from an old German word ‘kirke’... I wanted to investigate this word because it is not a transliteration from the Greek or Hebrew, but truly a word of purely goy/pagan origin.

In Webster’s 1959 edition I have the following definition for church...

church (chûrch) noun
[AS. circe, fr. Gr. kyriakon, the Lord’s house]
1. A building for public, especially Christian worship.
2. Often Church
a. The company of all Christians regarded as a mystic spiritual body.
b. A specified Christian denomination: the Presbyterian Church.
c. A congregation.
3. Public divine worship in a church; a religious service: goes to church at Christmas and Easter.
4. The clerical profession; clergy.
5. Ecclesiastical power as distinguished from the secular: the separation of church and state.

According to Webster' 1959 dictionary, the etymological origin of the word church is CIRCE... so I looked it up...

Circe (sûr´sê) (sûr´se)
In Greek mythology, sorceress, enchantress; daughter of HELIOS (SUN). In HOMER's Odyssey she turned ODYSSEUS' men by a magic drink into swine...

Strange that not all the dictionaries have the same reference to ‘circe.’ In any case, all this may be a coincidence, but there seems to be a message coded from our Maker into this analysis of the word CHURCH...

The name ‘church’ is derived from ‘circe’ (?) [other dictionaries have it spelled as ‘chirche’ ‘cirice’ ‘kirke’ ‘kirika’ ‘kyriakon’ and so on...] The Greek mythological connection is still there... I just wonder if we are not being pointed to Revelation 17 and 18 where it says...

Reve 17:4-5 * The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The pig (swine) is an abomination to our never changing Elohim. It is an unclean animal...

Lev. 20:25-26 * You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. DO NOT DEFILE YOURSELVES BY ANY ANIMAL or bird or anything that moves along the ground--those which I have set apart as unclean for you. You are to be holy to me because I, Yahweh, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.

Eph. 5:5 * For of this you can be sure: No immoral, IMPURE (unclean) or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of the Messiah and of Yahweh.

Christians eat pork... Basically you are what you eat... Correct me if I’m wrong...

Anyway I thought that the CHURCH/CIRCE connection was really funny... Imagine the things that they have to put up for being a Christian!... They are willing to be cast into the lake of fire defending Christianity.

Shalom,
Lou

PS/ I wonder what the curch STEEPLE stands for...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]