Re: TAXES... MARIJUANA...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on March 22, 1997 at 02:09:34:

In Reply to: Re: TAXES... MARIJUANA... posted by Br. Clif on March 21, 1997 at 18:14:26:

:
: >"---You guys are not far from the whole truth... But, about paying taxes... Yahshua taught us to pay taxes in order to keep a low profile and not to offend anyone (((Matt 17:27 (NIV) "But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."

: Yes, but that was because Kefa/Peter had already committed the Master to paying the tax, without his permission. If you read on it says, "the children are free." The Master didn't want to stumble them by making them think they weren't men of their word.

: The Torah nowhere teaches that Yisrael has to pay a tax to any occupying nation, thus the Zealots. It was the mostly Tzadokim/Sadduceean Sanhedrim that advocated bowing to the demands of the occupying Romans.

: Also, YaHushua was not concerned with his disciples keeping a low profile. Witnessing is diametrically opposed to keeping a low profile. When he did advocate it, it was usually so that the Word would be fulfilled.

: >There is some merit in paying taxes for the governments of this world, they build the roads we transit and do us many services. We are not ruling this world yet -- 'here is the patience of the saints...'

: There is NO merit in supporting the goyishe, pagan kingdoms of this world other than that the Master YaHushua taught us to give Caesar back his idolatrous graven coinage, and to give back to YHWH the Honor, Reverence, Praise, and Worship due Him.

: Roads? Roads aren't that wonderful. They divide families that would otherwise be living near each other or under the same roof. They deprive animals, YHWH's creation of much-need land, among other things. It was Paul who probably thought roads were so wonderful because they helped you to take the Good News to places where it is not, but now that we have the Net... a medium that saves trees, though maybe not fossil fuels.

: Services? They do us many services that it is the Church's responsibility to do, thus the world becomes the administrator(deacon) of the welfare of YaHushua haMelech's disciples, not the Church made up of those members. To Sheol with the governments of this world and their leader, HaSatan, for that is where they are destined, anyway! Hopefully the people in those governments will "come out of her" to their own salvation.

: --Shalom Aleichem, Br. Clif

================================================
Dear Bro Clif,

I clearly meant to keep a "low profile" as far as provoking the government to an untimely confrontation. Government is composed of people like you and I... I don’t know to what extent the government is our enemy. Let us suppose that they are our enemy to the fullest extent (they persecute us to death, and so on), then I must feed them if they hunger, I must give them water if they thirst -- Yahshua taught us to love our enemies and pray FOR them!... He was quoting the Torah!

About the taxes paid by Yahshua and Kefa... If Kefa really blundered and Yahshua went along... it certainly sets a very bad precedent, because I too can force Yahshua to back me up every time I blunder. If you are right, it seems that Kefa blundered again!... (((1Pet 2:13-14 * Submit yourselves for Yahweh's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.))) If your theory about Yahshua backing up Kefa’s word still holds... either way, we have no other recourse, Bro. Clif... but, to pay taxes.

The Torah is not an instruction manual on how to survive in exile or how to pay taxes under occupation. Yahweh’s plan in the Torah is for a free Israel. But, in due time all Israel went after strange elohim and was taken into captivity. Yahweh speaks to His people and instructs them to follow certain survival steps, one of which is precisely to serve the occupation government (which is worse than to live in America) -- (((Jere 29:7 * Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into captivity. Pray to Yahweh for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." -- Jere 40:9 * Gedaliah son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, took an oath to reassure them and their men. "Do not be afraid to serve the Babylonians; he said. "Settle down in the land and serve the king of Babylon, and it will go well with you.)))

YeremYah was one of Yahweh’s greatest prophets. He was not a Zealot. He was very unpopular with everyone. He was thrown inside a septic hole in the ground for advocating cooperation with the enemy. History repeats itself... I’m concern about myself. Where do you stand, Bro. Clif? -- The fellows at Waco didn’t fare well, did they? If they only knew the kind of shalom that an obedient child of Yahweh can enjoy among the goyim... So you see that THERE IS SOME MERIT (Correction: A LOT OF MERIT) in serving the "goyishe" following Yahweh’s instruction, and without compromising one’s personal testimony nor the truth, like Daniel did. WE ARE STILL IN EXILE IN BABYLON, waiting for the redemption and the call to return home... we need patience, Bro Clif...

About roads... If you feel that way about roads, you’ll end up having very few friends in the kingdom of Yahweh. It may shock you to learn that Yahweh is known to have bragged about His plans to build many roads, one of them is an international super-highway that will run from the country of Egypt all the way to northern Iraq. It will be so well built that not even a tourist will get lost using it (Isa 19:23, 35:8).

About services... You say that the Church should handle them. I prefer the secular government to do it. Right now, the only country in which the Church does the services is the Vatican where Christians have absolute freedom. They probably have a synagogue or two in that country, but I’m not sure. In the past, e.g. soon after America was discovered, the Christian Church came after the natives. They killed them for their gold and their land. In this country we did it under G-o-d with liberty and justice for all... except the indians. The Church instituted the "Holy Office of the Inquisition." The Christian Church persecuted the Jews. Some Christians are known to have serviced humanity under the Church in a very strange way. So Church service was tried already, Bro. Clif... It doesn’t seem to work... Maybe I’m wrong, but we need to try something else, soon. Any idea?

I agree with you that "the children are free"... I’m free in spite of the fact that this world system is ruled by Hillel and it is not my home... I think that nothing is going to change until Yahshua HaMelech returns. We are promised to rule this world some day soon with Him, and we will do it with a rod of iron (Rev 2:26-27)... In the meantime pay your taxes, pray FOR Clinton that he may not become another Pharaoh (Prov 16:4), keep a low profile as far as murmuring against our government... In other words, be patient (Rev 14:12).

Shalom... May Yahweh’s grace be with you...

Lou
===============================================

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: