TAXES... MARIJUANA...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on March 20, 1997 at 07:43:10:

Recently I navigated into some murky waters in the WEB. I thought I discovered a good site ran by some believers in the Sacred Name, but I just learned that they advocate the use of marijuana, not paying taxes to the government, and that the holocaust never took place. They claim that the "burning bush" was a marijuana plant, and so on. Their mind is showing the effects of what they smoke. I’m concerned about the message that this people convey because it clearly contradicts the Scriptures in more than one way.

I thought to post here a copy of the article that I posted with them for information purposes (and maybe some feed-back, too).

===========================
"---You guys are not far from the whole truth... But, about paying taxes... Yahshua taught us to pay taxes in order to keep a low profile and not to offend anyone (((Matt 17:27 (NIV) "But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours." -- Matt 5:40-42 (NIV) And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.))) There is some merit in paying taxes for the governments of this world, they build the roads we transit and do us many services. We are not ruling this world yet -- 'here is the patience of the saints...'

"---Marijuana was probably a good herb when it was created, but it became corrupt with the rest of nature. It sharpens your brains in one small area, but is of no help to get the whole picture, clearly. That is probably why your view on all the other issues is so out of shape.

"---I hope you guys don't start experimenting with another mighty plant of much greater renown yet, the poppy somniferum. If you do, you'll probably end up having the name of Yahweh so distorted that it will be unrecognizable.

"---Nadab and Abihu tried to take the worship of Yahweh to a new height using "strange fire," they were zapped on the spot (they probably stuffed the censer with marijuana leaves -- Lev. 10:9-11)."
============================

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: