Re: Does it Really Matter What Name We Use?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by D Thomas on October 18, 1997 at 17:23:53:

In Reply to: Re: Does it Really Matter What Name We Use? posted by Tamar on October 17, 1997 at 21:59:17:

: : : : Shalom DT

: : : : Whats your translation of Luke 2:21?

: : Shalom DT:

: : I quote from the Messianic Scripture..did I say they were Greek? You did not I.
: : Second...if you care to visit that site..you will see these men did research scripture..very well I might add! I did not make up a name..seems you are content to use a root word..for His Name...also..if I read your post or your wife's correctly..you were the one's who stated you received your information from man. Read His Word..I invite you to challenge what they have shared from scripture..and prove them wrong. Also..the third commandment in my opinion speaks about His Name YHWH..
: : I sense anger in your post to me..that saddens me. If you are upset..before giving such harsh accusations..do what I did, and read the study. If you'd like I will type it here for all in the forum to read. Then you can all be the judge of what was said re..the Messianic scripture being Greek or not.
: : Have your read the posts on EliYah's web site re...the Name of His Son Yahushua?

: : feeling like I got slapped....
: : Tamar

:
: PS..seems I am getting you and Hannah and her husband mixed up. Sorry about that.
: Tamar

Tamar, I'm sorry if you feel slapped, I respect your opinion, but remember you attack me first, I am on the defense.

I do not come to my conclusions about the Name easily or alone. This has been a subject of research for over eight years among a group of writers preparing to publish a book on the Sacred Name Movement. About three years ago these men made a scholarly decision about the Name and its origin, which I happen to support.

So let me tell you for the last time, I hope. I cannot find support for the use of the Name "YAHUSHUA" in the inspired Word and therefor, I prefer to use the only Name that can be supported by Scriptural evidence and that Name is "YASHA" Strong's # 3467

I do not see why you have so much trouble understanding this.

You Ask, How I interpret Luke 2:21, let me show you how I arrived at my conclusions in this matter;

The KJV says "Jesus". In the Hebrew/Greek Key Study Bible in the Lexical Aids To The O.T. it reads under #3467 "--- "... it is noteworthy that the personal Name of our Savior, Jesus, derives from this root (see Mt 1:21). Also in the N.T., when the crowds cried out to Jesus at His triumphant entry, they used the word "Hosanna" (Mt 21:9) ... "

Hosanna traces directly to "Yasha" in the O.T. and appears 353 times in the Hebrew Bible. Read this complete account for yourself.

I have studied the material published by the men you quote and perhaps a hundred others over the past 30 years. They all have a right to their conclusions and the right to publish them. That does not make them right and the work of others wrong. Their reason for choosing to call the Savior by the same name as Joshua is a matter of personal interpretation and speculation. I do not hold to this same M.O. in my studies.

If you were the student of the Scriptures that you present yourself to be, you would not be so quick to attack the theological positions reached by others. Take the time to do you own research and then present your own evidence. Don't rely so much on the research of others to the point that you are willing to defend them at the risk of your own Salvation.

If you tell me that you are settled in your position on this matter, I have no argument with you. That does not mean that I will not continue to post my own position or to listen to yours. Let everyone be convinced in their own mind.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended you,

DT

PS Thanks for clearing up the mix-up about "my wife" I'm sure Aharon will be relieved. :))

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]