Re: WHO is to Build a Sukkah?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Martha on October 17, 1997 at 08:52:08:

In Reply to: WHO is to Build a Sukkah? posted by Br. Clif on October 16, 1997 at 16:55:06:

Dear Cliff,
I haven't done the scriptural search that you provided yet. But I have done my own. I concluded that I was as a native-born. I also concluded that before the temple was destroyed, those who believed in the El of Israel went to Jerusalem and lived in tents while staying there. The converted also went.

I also figured that not every single person went to Jerusalem. This is still my "figurin" but those that stayed home also dwelt in booths: the converted being as the native-born.

For the last couple of years I have been living in tents: temporary dwellings. If I am convicted to make booths out of the trees in scripture, I don't know what I will do.

Prior to this, I was in the Worldwide Church of God and went to "Feast sites" and stayed in motels. They had reasoned for us that a motel was a temporary dwelling. I have come to see a motel as more permanent than what was intended.

Shalom
Martha
: Sis. Tamar attended her Messianic meeting to learn about the Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkoht. She revealed how they waved palm branches and emphasized the rejoicing and thanksgiving of the season.

: It was our intention, here at Qumran Bet, to build a sukkah (or sukkoht/"sukkahs"), in accordance with the commandment to the Torah-keeping children of Yisrael.

: We were surprised at what we found...

: First, did you know that the reason that David could not get Bat-Sheva's husband to sleep with her, thus covering up David's transgression (by making everyone think that the child to be born was from the seed of her husband), was because it was the season of Sukkoht? Check out the word in Hebrew for "tents." The men were to dwell in these tents, while the women were allowed to stay at home. Read the account in 2 Shmuel/Samuel 11, paying close attention to verses 11-13, with the word "tents" occurring in verse 11.

: This led us to the issue of whether Sis. Juanita would have to dwell in a sukkah, also. From there, we started studying out verses on the matter.

: H#5520
: Ps 10:9;27:5;76:2
: Jer 25:38

: H#5521
: Gen 33:17
: Lev 23:34, 23:42, 43
: Deu 16:13,16; 31:10
: 2 Sa 11:11;22:12
: 1 Kings 20:12,16
: 2 Chr. 8:13
: Ezr. 3:4
: Neh. 8:14-17
: Job 27:18;36:29;38:40
: Ps 18:11;31:20
: Isa. 1:8;4:6
: Amos 9:11
: Jon 4:5
: Zech. 14:16,18,19

: In the emboldened verse above we found a hum-dinger in our study...

: "You shall live in sukkoht/booths seven days; all who are home-born in Yisrael shall live in sukkoht/booths."

: The word "home-born" is often translated "native", thus "natives (or native-born) in Yisrael." The word is H#249 in the Strong's.

: It is used thus:

: H#249
: Ex. 12:19,48,49
: Lev. 16:29;17:15;18:26;19:34;23:42;24:16,22
: Num. 9:14;15:13,29,30
: Jsh 8:33
: Ps 37:35
: Eze 47:22

: In every instance it is clear that a "native-born" "native" who is "home-born" is NOT an "alien." It is a person who is born in the land of Yisrael. And the passage says that "all those who are home-born in Yisrael" are to dwell in booths/sukkoht.

: This could mean that either those who ARE NOT "native-born" are NOT to dwell in sukkoht/booths or it is not a mandatory command to them.

: The ones who are in Yisrael and native-born were living in the land of Promise. It was necessary for them to understand the wilderness experience. (Lev. 23:43) They were at risk of losing touch with their roots--the deliverance of YHWH. For those who are IN the wilderness, the command is invalid. ARE NOT we dwelling in booths (temporary dwellings), until we are brought into the land of Yisrael/eretz Yisrael--the Kingdom? If we, the ones who are in the wilderness, are to have a lesson, would it not be necessary for us to spend 7 days in a set-aside Promised Land, to remind us of where we are going, since we are living in our "roots"?

: In Zech 14, we see that those of the nations will celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, but not until after the destruction of the wicked who come up against Yerushalayim...

: verses 16-19: "And it shall be, everyone who is left from all the nations/goyim/gentiles which came up against Yerushalayim shall go up from year to year to worship the King, YHWH of armies, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkoht/Booths. 17 And it shall be, whoever WILL NOT go up from the families of the earth to Yerushalayim to worship the King, YHWH of armies, there shall even be no rain on them. 18 And if the family of Mitzrayim/"Egypt" does not go up, nor come in, then the rain shall not be on them; but the plague with which YHWH shall strike the nations/goyim/gentiles who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be Mitzrayim's/"Egypt's" offense, and the offense of all nations/goyim/gentiles who DO NOT come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkoht/Booths."

: If you don't keep it now, and you plan to be spared YHWH's destruction and survive into the millenium, YOU WILL be keeping it, or you will GET NO RAIN.

:

: We want to be obedient ABOVE ALL to the truth. We do not wish to change times nor seasons and there is a time and season for all things under the sun. We also do not wish to change laws or customs instituted by YHWH.

: Help, Bro.'s and Sis.'s! Give us input. Do you see what we see?

: In His Love,
: Qumran Bet

: P.S.: Sis. Juanita is pretty bummed out because she really wanted to live in a Sukkah for 7 days. (And so did the two brothers, but we aren't so bummed out.)

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: