Re: Sunday resurrection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by David on October 17, 1997 at 01:00:39:

In Reply to: Re: Sunday resurrection posted by D'vorah on October 17, 1997 at 00:32:19:

: : David posted the following article in the WWWBoard
: :
: : Dated : October 16, 1997 at 20:49:30
: : Subject: Re: Sunday resurrection
: : : : Eliyahu and D'vorah,
: : : : It is good to be in agreement on the Sunday ressurection!
: : : ************
: : : David,
: : : Well, Yes I agree that Bikkurim/Aviv 17th is resurrection day which is the same day as is what now is called the pagan Sun Day. Usually when I am speaking of the resurrection of YHWSHUA I try not to refer to the pagan name...but as the First Day,Bikkurim or Aviv 17.
: : Question! Do not all the days of the week have pagan names?
: **************

: Yes the names of the days are very pagan. That is why I go by the Hebrew "First day, Second day, Third day, Fourth day, Fifth day, Erev Shabbat or Preparation day & then Shabbat...these are Scriptural and is what the Yehudim use.
: But in conversation it becomes almost necessary to use the pagan ones to not cause confusion.

: But I even more dislike the use of Sun Day because this is the one day that has replaced the kadosh Sabbath in society today.

: : : *************
: : : :I too think as you do as far as the Friday crucifixion! There is a point however to be made. Many of the pagan holidays as Christmas and Easter were selected in an attempt to sort of "steal" them away from the pagans. I do not attempt to justify what was done, but I merely point out what was the reason for selecting them as they did. It may be a another deception, though it would be easy to understand if not!
: : : *************
: : : You can't mix what is profane with the things of Elohim...this is why Christianity has missed out, because they have replaced the chaggim/festivals given by YHWH to teach us of Mashiach with pagan days that has absolutely no meaning.

: : Our Savior was charged with being a friend of publicans and sinners. I assume that they supposed him to be "not devoted to religious purposes" by associating with such! He went to them to bring them to Himself! This could well be the logic behind the substitution of holidays.
: **********

: Nah...you can't use that YHWSHUA came for the sinners as a an excuse for people today to worship in paganism...Like YHWSHUA said,

: ~And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His talmidim/disciples, "Why does your Rabbi/Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when YHWSHUA heard that, He said to them, "THOSE WHO ARE WELL HAVE NO NEED OF A PHYSICIAN, BUT THOSE WHO ARE SICK."

: Meaning don't fix what ain't' broken! So why try to redo what was given in such love from our Wonderful Abba/Father....the chaggim/festivals...and replace with such profanity as the pagan days!

:Man cannot improve upon what Elohim has given.
I tend to agree, but if you have scripture that specifically supports this, please let me see!

Well, again I will say that I am not trying to defend the substitutions of the Holidays, rather I am presenting the possible rationales that were used for doing it!
Actually, the meaning behind what you said above is that the Pharisees did not "think" they needed fixin', they did not think they needed Him. It is difficult to approach people who think they are right, don't you think! :-)

: *****************
: : But I agree that christianity has "missed out" by not knowing and understanding the festivals. I am sure that even more could be understood by actually observing the festivals. But enough I believe can be obtained by at least knowing and understanding them! And I am thankful that I was able to see most of the study by Joseph Good about them! I would like to see it in its entirety sometime!
: ****************

: If you are truly interested in His studies then contact me by email {dadney@cland.net}.

:
: : : ****************
: : : : As far as the Sabbath being changed from Saturday to Sunday, I have long known that Saturday is the Sabbath and not Sunday (and that as a "Christian"). Though recently I have come to question even Saturday, since I am not sure of certain facts concerning calanders, 48 hour days, new moons, etc and their effects on the continuity of the seven day cycle. But my point on this is that (though it too may be a deception) Sunday is not promoted as the Sabbath, but rather the celebration day of the Ressurection of Christ. I know that some do say Sunday is the Sabbath, but I have no recollection of ever being taught this in my christian upbringing.
: : : : David
: : : ***********
: : : I had a different experience within the Christian world I am afraid, before I was brought out of all the paganism of Christianity it was continually stated that the Sabbath was changed for the convinience of man or because YHWSHUA rose on the first day....Can I ask you a question? Which day do you keep as Sabbath? Many times when a Christian is asked why they keep Sun Day as their Sabbath they say one of two things "It was changed", or "well everyone else does it on Sun Day so it must be right!"....there is about your best proof that Saturday has always been the Sabbath David. *smile*
: : : Be blessed,
: : : D'vorah
: : Well, in response to your question, I will remind you that I have often said here in this forum that we are no longer under the Law. But now as I have seen that there are questions about the veracity of Paul's writings, I am initiating a new personal study of Matthew, Mark, (Luke) and John to see for myself if what I believe is consistant withal. Though, to date I have never noticed any incongruencies between Paul's statements and those of our Savior (Yashi, perhaps)
: *************

: I agree...I have now started paying extra close attention to Sha'uls writings...but as of yet I see no contradiction. One thing to remember about Sha'ul....he studied under the great sage of his time..Gamaliel {Acts 22:3}..so Sha'ul is going to be quite a bit deeper than some of the other Sh'liachim/Apostles. He uses the 'pilpul' method of discussing in much in his writings...this is the same method that is used to teach in the Beit Mikdrash/House of Study of old and Yeshivot/Hebrew Torah schools of today...the whole book of Romans is written in this style.

: Layla tov b'shalom, {have a goodnight in shalom}

: D'vorah

Good night as well to you,

David

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments: