Re: Word of Yahweh/sabbath

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by YermeYah on September 29, 1997 at 04:37:24:

In Reply to: Word of Yahweh/sabbath posted by ShemarYahu on September 28, 1997 at 18:29:56:

: I wish to finish my post about Lou. The postings in which he was speaking about "cooking on the sabbath" show the truth of what Yahweh is stating in his Scriptures. This is for those who hold the word of Yahweh as their authority, and not Talmudic traditions. I must think back to what Yahushua the messiah said about the Pharisees, in which a perfect example of what he stated about the Pharisees is found in Matt. 23. For those interested, re-read the chapter. Speaking the truth will make many people upset, because they have a preconceived notion of what it is to be. But because a person wants something to be so, does not make it so, as the truth only comes from Yahweh. For example, because a person wants to tell another person they cannot cook on the sabbath, then that is their preconceived idea, and was by the authority of mankind. Instead, why not ask the Scriptures what they speak on the matter. If people would rely upon what Yahweh says, instead of what the interpretations of man say, we would surely have a different world in which to live in.Yahweh be with all.

<:Why would Yahweh allow the Priests a hot meal, and not the people? We are to follow Yahweh's
example. Therefore, it is all right for us to eat a hot meal on the sabbath as well.

Shalom (peace) ShemarYahu,

In the first place, I want to say that I agree that it is ok to eat hot food on the Sabbath. I believe
however, that it should be cooked (prepared) the day before and only heated on the weekly
Sabbath. Having said that, I want to comment on a couple of things that you have stated; you said...

<:v. 19 Moses says not
to leave any of it until morning. And in verse 20, the people did not listen to Moses, and some of it
was left until morning. "AND IT BECAME ROTTEN WITH MAGGOTS AND STUNK."(in
stating this fact, it shows that the manna was not cooked, but raw)

I do not believe that it shows that the manna was raw, I believe that it shows that it was cursed
because B'nai Yisrael (the sons of Israel) rebelled against the Word of YAHWEH by keeping some
of it until morning.

you continue...

<:In verse 22 it states that on the
sixth day they gathered twice as much. v. 23, "And he (Moses) said to them, That is what Yahweh
said, "Tomorrow is a sabbath, a sacred sabbath to Yahweh. WHAT YOU WILL bake, bake. And
boil WHAT YOU WILL boil. And lay up for yourselves all that is left over, to keep it until the
morning, as Moses commanded. AND IT DID NOT STINK AND NO MAGGOT WAS IN
IT.The phrase, "WHAT YOU WILL" is telling us that they were only cooking what they needed for
that day, and saving the rest to cook what they needed for the next day. And when the scripture
states, AND IT DID NOT STINK, AND NO MAGGOT WAS IN IT, tells us that this manna
was still raw the next day, which was the sabbath day--i.e. they had to cook it on the sabbath day.
Why would cooked manna stink & have maggots in it the next day? Common sense tells us its
uncooked manna.

I disagree. I believe that they cooked and boiled all that they were going to eat on the 6th day and
on Shabbat, and that they kept it until morning and it was not cursed because they were obedient to
the Word of YAHWEH.

You continue...

<:As it states in Exod. 12:16, about the high sabbath, which is greater than a weekly
sabbath, preparing food was allowed.

The High Day Sabbath was not greater than the Weekly Sabbath. Let's turn to Leviticus 23:

Leviticus 23:3 - Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy
convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of YAHWEH in all your dwellings.

Notice that it says "no work" on the weekly Shabbat

Now concerning a High day:

Leviticus 23:34 - Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month
shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto YAHWEH.
35 - On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Here it says "no servile work." That makes it apparent that the Weekly Shabbat is greater than the
High Day.

An example of doing work that is not servile work can be found in Exodus 12:16

Exodus 12:16 - And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there
shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which
every man must eat, that only may be done of you.

Notice what it says, "no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat,
that only may be done of you."

That's the difference between a High Day and the Weekly Sabbath:
"No work" verses "No sevile work"

In his service, YermeYah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments: