Re: SHABBAT KEEPING... Part II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on September 20, 1997 at 20:21:22:

In Reply to: Re: SHABBAT KEEPING... posted by D'vorah on September 20, 1997 at 11:08:48:

: : In Christianity they give thanks for the meals BEFORE they eat them. In Torah/Scripture practicing Judaism you only BLESS each portion of food and drink individually before you partake of it, and at the end of the meal you thank Abba Yahweh for the meal you had, NOT BEFORE... This ritual is practiced in full colors during the Shabbat meals... In Christianity they do everything backwards... They break the law of Yahweh, they change the law of Yahweh, they act in full contempt to the law of Yahweh... and they believe that at the end they can get away with it!
: ..................

: This is true except where you said that we 'bless each portion of food and drink individualy before partaking of it'....we do say a blessing before partaking of each portion...but we don't bless the food...we bless YHWH for each portion.....that is also another difference with Christianity....Christians bless the food....we always bless YHWH WHO provided the food!
============================================
Shabbat Shalom, D’vora,

I’m dumbfounded at my lack of attention at what I read... You are correct, and I thank you so very much for bringing it up... I’m really struggling on my own to learn HaDerek Yahushua/the way of Yahweh’s salvation. I went back to check the book that I read and indeed all the blessings start off with ‘Baruch atah YHWH...’ followed by a long list of practically everything that you can see at every turn of the road, or at any happening... they even pronounce a blessing to Yahweh for each thunderbolt and lightning... which is something that I never heard done in Christianity... When it rains they resign themselves to the idea that it may be a blessing for the farmer... but I never heard them blessing Yahweh, only that the rain is a blessing... for some.

Your correction is the most beautiful Shabbat present, a great blessing that I ever received since I decided to keep the Shabbat holy unto Yahweh... and it goes on to prove how much I still need to learn... So don't follow me without making sure for yourselves!

I will read that book again and more carefully now that I understand better...

Now that I come to think of it... my first question is why? I know that there is a because for each why in the Scriptures... Everything that Abba Yahweh created is ‘GOOD’ so why ask Him to bless something that he said it was good? It sounds like an insult. We should only direct our blessing to Him for the good that He has created for us.

Let me interject a warning to Christians here... It doesn’t mean that everything ‘good’ is for our consumption... There is a division of clean and unclean animals and plants. They all serve a purpose, and they are good, but not all of them are for our consumption. This is food for thought when studying the sheet that came down from Heaven on Kepha/Peter full of all kinds of animals... (Acts)

Anyway... I was asking myself for another possible why in all this... You only give thanks to anyone AFTER the services are rendered and the satisfaction is felt. So I took another look at the mitzvah/commandment in Deut. 8:10 about when to thank Abba Yahweh and how to do it, just to make sure... and sure enough it doesn’t say anything about ‘thanking’ Him...

Deut 8:10 (KJV) When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt ‘bless Yahweh thy Elohim’ [Baruch atah Yahweh Elohenu] for the good land which he hath given thee.

So that is the correct way to thank Him... just bless or praise Him... BTW, ‘Praise Yahweh’ in Hebrew is ‘Hallelu-Yahu’... Still more questions... How was the thanksgiving or blessing offered at the last Passover meal? I compared 3 different Bible versions on Matthew 26:26...

26 And as they were eating, Yahushua took bread, and BLESSED [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (KJS)
26 While they were eating, Yahushua took bread, gave THANKS and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." (NIV)
26 And as they were eating, Yahushua took bread, and BLESSED, and brake it; and he gave to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (ASV)

I checked some commentaries.. about WHY the difference, some use ‘thanks’ and others ‘bless’... and I learned that there are no 2 Greek manuscripts using the same word... which goes on to prove that you cannot come up with a dogma using the Greek manuscripts... you are forced to rely on the Tanakh/OT. Yahweh preserved His word in Hebrew.

Treasury SK - Matt 26:26
# Lu 24:30 1Co 11:23-25
* blessed it. 'Many Greek copies have gave thanks.'
# Mr 6:41

So they use two words for the same Hebrew word ‘baruch’ in the different copies of the Greek manuscripts, eulogeo (bless), and charis (thanks, grace). Now notice how long is the explanation this Christian lexicon is giving about the meaning of a simple word... I believe they did it to justify Christian dogmas... They indoctrinate you even through their dictionaries and lexicons... notice also that no direct mention is made of the fact that this word is used to bless Yahweh, ONLY TO BLESS THINGS...!!! -- So I’m sorry, D’vorah I was brainwashed!

BDB/Thayers # 2127
2127 eulogeo yoo-log-eh'-o}
from a compound of 2095 and 3056; TDNT - 2:754,275; v
KJV - bless 43, praise 1; 44
1) to praise, celebrate with praises
2) to invoke blessings
3) to consecrate a thing with solemn prayers
3a) to ask God's blessing on a thing
3b) pray God to bless it to one's use
3c) pronounce a consecratory blessing on
4) of God
4a) to cause to prosper, to make happy, to bestow blessings on
4b) favoured of God, blessed

BDB/Thayers # 5485
5485 charis khar'-ece}
from 5463; TDNT - 9:372,1298; n f
KJV - grace 130, favour 6, thanks 4, thank 4, thank + 2192 3, pleasure 2, misc 7; 156
1) grace
1a) that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favour
2a) of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
3) what is due to grace
3a) the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
3b) the token or proof of grace, benefit
3b1) a gift of grace
3b2) benefit, bounty
4) thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

Knowing what we know of the rendering and Hebrew context of this word ‘baruch’/bless, it is most likely and very probable that every instance in the appendix to the Tanakh/NT of the word ‘thank Yahweh’ should really be ‘bless Yahweh’.. Like when it says ‘in all things give thanks’... WRONG! It should be in all things ‘Baruch Yahweh’ because that is the way it was said in the days of old Israel... In the days of Yahushua they dropped the use of the sacred name and probably they started to use ‘Baruch Adonai’ or ‘Baruch Abba’ or ‘Baruch HaShem’... and so on...

Going back to --- Matt. 26:26 * And as they were eating, Yahushua took bread, and BLESSED [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. --- I’m sure that Yahushua said ‘baruch atah Yahweh Elohenu’ in that blessing...!!! It couldn’t possibly be any other blessing not involving His Father PROPER name... This was a mark that identified Yahushua everywhere he went... The rest of the Jews didn’t dare to pronounce the sacred name... there was an automatic charge of blaspheme on anyone doing it... Maybe Yahushua must have used ‘baruch Abba’ publicly... but privately he confided with His disciples in secret his Father’s name (John 17:6).

Another thought that comes to my mind about these findings is the case when Yahushua joined the walk of a couple of his disciples on the way to Emmaus... They recognized Yahushua the moment he pronounced the blesing recorded in the Torah... ‘Baruch atah Yahweh Elohenu’... NOBODY ELSE WOULD HAVE DARED TO PRONOUNCE THE SACRED NAME IN THOSE DAYS!

Luke 24:30-31 (KJV) And it came to pass, as he sat at the table with them, he took bread, and BLESSED [it], and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Also notice how honest were the translators of the King James Version of the Bible in their error that they placed the article ‘it’ in brackets signifying that this article is not in the Greek text... Although they were Torah ignorants because they placed that article there to show that Yahushua was blessing the bread, when in fact he was blessing his Father with the classic ‘Baruch atah Yahweh Elohenu’ or a similar blessing to his Father in which he always included Yahweh’s sacred name... You can tell how Hellenized /paganized became the original text of these writings that were appended to the Tanakh/OT.

I have the big impression now that what Yahushua was always saying WAS NOT... I THANK YOU FATHER... but I BLESS YOU FATHER... and there is a big difference between the two... ‘Thanks’ means appreciation for a gift or free services rendered and ‘Bless’ means praise, worship! When you are ‘blessed’ from our Father you are praised by Him!

D’vorah, if you wouldn’t have made your comments about my post, I wouldn’t have been so blessed in such a beautiful Shabbat...

Todah!
Lou

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: