Re: NOW FOR THE CHRISTIAN 'AMEN'... Part II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on September 18, 1997 at 10:58:26:

In Reply to: Re: NOW FOR THE CHRISTIAN 'AMEN'... Part II posted by Br. Jerry on September 16, 1997 at 21:26:03:

: Although you may be mistaken as to all of the meanings of the word "Amen", which I believe includes a Hebrew meaning of "truthfully" or "so be it". This though is a minor point. The way you have dealt with prayer and its meaning, structure, and posture is enlightening. So many of us have not yet come to understand that His will is the important factor in prayer. So many beseech favors, which is an attempt to have their will be done. If we put the kingdom of Yahweh first, all things will be added to us, without our having to make Him conscious of our needs. You and Ruach keep up the good work.

: --Love and Blessings,
: Br. Jerry

: nabiydiy@artelco.com
: http://qumran.com/

: P.S.: I have even seen those who use the Name of YHWH as an amulet. So what's new? Some used Moses' staff and the Urim and the Tummim.
----------------------------------
Shalom Jerry,
I'm with you...
I did mentions that 'amen' in Hebrew is simply 'so be it' and nothing more that that!

People made it into an extremely important part of their prayers... I'm SURE that anyone, Christian or Jew using the word 'Amen' IS NOT THINKING IN AN IDOL... They are not even aware that this proper name has a subtle connection to an idol. If you check most Bible versions, you will see the word "Amen" capitilized where it shouldn;t be capitilized... why? Because in those days only the upper class had access to the information that we have available today, and so they made up anything they wanted... People using the "Amen" word think that it is commanded in the Scriptures to say so, instead of the simple 'so be it' which is the correct translation... If you try to teach them to say 'so be it' they will probably feel that they start losing "power" in their prayers... HaSatan is getting more subtle all the time... you have to watch out for HIM.

Shalom,
Lou
PS/ I'm interested to see what information is available from the Qumram scrolls on this subject... I have references, but no information.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]