Re: As for me and my house : WE WILL SERVE YAHWEH!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Truth Seeker on September 16, 1997 at 12:10:29:

In Reply to: Re: As for me and my house : WE WILL SERVE YAHWEH! posted by YermeYah on September 16, 1997 at 05:02:43:

:
: : I NEED SOMEONE OUT THERE TO SET ME STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL
: : Some of you say that Elohim is a correct biblical term used in conjunction with out Creator Yahweh and then there are those of you such as "Truth Seeker" above who say that it is not biblical and that it is in fact refering to other gods (demons). This, for me is a subject that I have great difficulty in understanding.
: : In Genesis 1:1 it reads
: : In the beginning ..... created the heavens and the earth.
: : WHO!!!!!!!! CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
: : I know WHO did, but what is the original word in this passage.
: : How about
: : Genesis 2:4
: : These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created. In the day that the (my bible says 'Lord God') made the earth and the heavens,.....
: : What were the original words here that my bible has replaced with 'Lord' and 'God'????????
: : I am so confused on this matter that I dont know what to call Him, although I have absolutely no doubt that Yahweh (YHWH) is His Name. There must be someone out there who can help me on this matter without confussing me any further.
: : Elohim, Adonai, Ha Shem???? What is OK and what is not.?Please help to set me straight on this matter as it has been BUGGING! me for some time now.
: : Thankyou
: : Yahweh bless you all
: : Suzi (also a Truth Seeker)

: Shalom Suzi,

: If you go to the Tanak (the Hebrew Scriptures) it can be seen that the title used for YAHWEH is "Elohim"

: The word that the English translators used to replace this title was "god", the name of an idol.

: Some might try to say that the false pen of the scribes inserted the title Elohim into the Hebrew Scriptures, but what I say is, "Show me the evidence!"

: Written in the Hebrew Scriptures, including the Dead Sea Scrolls, it can be seen that YAHWEH calls himself "Elohim"

: Exodus 20:2 - I am YAHWEH thy Elohim, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

: Psalms 81:10 - I am YAHWEH thy Elohim, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

: There are many other instances where YAHWEH calls himself Elohim in His Word. That is reason enough for me to also call him Elohim.

: The only place in the Name movement, that I know of, that is opposed to the use of the word "Elohim" is the HOY in Texas.

: Let's look at some Hebrew names that contain "el":

: Israel, Daniel, Ezekiel, EliYah, Elisha, Samuel etc.

: Has this term been applied to idols? Yes, but that does not mean that we cannot also apply this term to YAHWEH. He applies it to himself!

: 1Corinthians 8:5 - For though there be that are called mighty ones (elohim) whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be mighty ones many, and masters many,)
: 8:6 - But to us there is but one Elohim, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Master Yahoshua the Messiah, by whom are all things, and we by him.

: I hope that this is a help.

: In his service, YermeYah

Suzi
The best way to see what is wrong with ELOHIM is to look up the Names this dear person has given you.
Daniyl #1840 Mighty Judge
Yechetzqyah ..(Ezekiyl) # 3169 May Yahweh Strengthen
Yliyah...(Elijah,Elias) # 452,2243 The Strength of Yahweh
Samuyl...#8050 Heard of Yahweh
In the Prophet of Malakyah 4:4-6 we have the TRUTH
4: Remember the Law of Mosheh My servant, which I commanded through him in Horeb for all Isaryl, with the statutes and judgments.
5;Behold I will send YLIYAH...not...ELIYAH ...the Law and the Prophets, which is The Strength of Yahweh, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of Yahweh;
6: And it will turn the hearts of the fathers to the childern, and the hearts of the childern to their fathers; before I come and strike the earth with a cruse;(chereim,utter destruction in The Day of Yahweh.

Truth Seeker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: