Re: To..Tamar and anyone who has any suggestions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Lou on September 15, 1997 at 12:49:03:

In Reply to: Re: To..Tamar and anyone who has any suggestions posted by D'vorah on September 14, 1997 at 21:04:00:

: ==========================
: I was re-reading the article from the Encyclopedia Judaica on 'elohim' and something is said that stood out to me that didn't before:

: *In reference to Yisrael's "Mighty One" it {elohim} is used extremely often--more than 2,000 times--and often with the article, ha-'elohim, "the [true] Mighty One."

: I hadn't noticed it was used so much in reference to Avinu...but so is the English word......I believe if I keep seeking YHWH will show me what I am wanting to know....probably through one of HIS vessels again! :)
---------------------------
Thank you D'vorah, you just documented what I always thought to be true... that Elohim is a title name and that is why it uses the article "Ha" -- the same applies to HaMaschiach... The Christians made "Christ" to be a proper name, when it is not. The Messianic Jews made "Messiah" a proper name, also, when it is not!!! In fact, most Christians don't know the meaning ot "Christ," only the clergy and a few of their teachers know it... They believe that "Jesus Christ" is a name form like "John Doe"... Now it became more fashionable among them to use "Messiah" as a proper name...
===========================

: Question: as you probably know it says that the 'el' in Ugaritic myths is the head of the Canaanite pantheon, the ancestor of the other gods and goddesses....what about the names of Eliyahu, Elisha....it just seems funny to me that Avinu would have chosen these men with possible pagan names to be nevi'im? I am probably not making sense now....trying to take in too much these last few days is getting to me...so I am outta here...laila tov!

-------------------------------
That one day at a time, D'vorah... When I mentioned about the fact that Eber spoke with Noah for about 150 years, and with Shem for 295 years and later the entire lifetime of Abraham... I'm sure that they spoke a common language... the same language spoken at the other side of the flood... Abraham was a Hebrew... He must have taught Issac about Elohim Yahweh, and Issac to Jacob whom Abba Yahweh Himself changed his name to Israel... Now if Abba Yahweh would have found the name of IsraEL objectionable, I'm sure he would have used a different name... OK?

Now if anybody will ever dig out some proof that "EL/ELOHIM" is strictly of pagan origin, I'm willing to change and conform to a newly found truth, but until then... I have no fear of offending Abba Yahweh... Nobody seems to take into account the right time frames that I related in my last paragraph...

Not long ago somebody came up with the theory that some bad scribe came about 100 years after Israel entered in the Promised Land and changed many references of YHWH to ELOHIM... but there is no proof at all of any of this... This theory was started by some German "theologians" to discredit the Tanakh. The Catholic church uses this theory quite extensively as a fact to prove that without their "infallibility" nobody can interpret the Scriptures...

The HOY took it on themselves to change every reference to El/Elohim in their version of the Scriptures. They replaced it with "Father" or Yahweh... In other words, they changed the Scriptures without any authorization or documentation... they even state in their "Bible" that HaSatan is an actual lady, who happened to be Avinu's estranged wife... At this point I'm happy to know that if I'm crazy, somebody else is crazier yet. :-)

Genesis 28:18-21 * Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil [maschiach] on top of it. He called that place Beth-EL, though the city used to be called Luz. Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If Elohim will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father's house, then Yahweh will be my Elohim...

Again, D'Vorah, take one day at a time... I can be wrong... I'm willing to change if I'm proven wrong... Nobody that I know has the monopoly on the truth, except Abba Yahweh... Btw, I'm learning from you, too!

Shalom Aleichem,
Lou

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: