Re: The LAWS of Christendom--Who's law are we under?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Tamar on September 07, 1997 at 14:28:22:

In Reply to: The LAWS of Christendom--Add the Laws From Which You Have Been Delivered, Here! posted by Br. Clif on September 06, 1997 at 16:35:54:

: Christians preach against YHWH's Laws, claiming that it is legalistic to teach them (an idea contrary to the teachings of the Messiah, Himself). But what Laws do Christians find themselves compelled to obey, if they are to be accepted by their apostate and/or ignorant peers?

Shalom bro:

I just got home from a Sunday church service:

This is what I was taught:

The sermon had to do with worry...the topic
Winning over worry

We were read to from Luke 10:38-42
and Proverbs 3:5,6

We were taught to win over worry by retreating..moment by moment, day by day..weekly...

Now, I want to tell you something..I left church worried!!! you know why?

The pastor shared with us from Exodus, he said..we all need so much to take time time off..even G-d needed a break..so what did He do? He took a day, and blessed it..and commanded us to rest..He read from the passage that showed we were not to light fires,..and also a passage that showed that folks who did not honor the Sabbath day were put to death.
Now..he was on the right track till he said this..
Thankfully the laws have changed!! We are to rest on the first day now...we are not under the law we are free through Grace.

Now tell me where in the bible it says..the law has changed???

To anyone reading this post...THATS A LIE!!!!! One of the hugest lies lived out by christians. Sure they all love to read the 10 Commandments off the pulpit..but tell me whats the point? They don't believe they exist anymore! .. or rather they have changed is what they say.

You know what I thought after hearing that teaching? Christians should scrap psalm 119 after all how can they say this along with David?

"Make your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your laws, Streams of water have run down from my eyes, because they did not guard Your teaching. Righteous are you O Yahweh and Your right-rulings are straight. You have commanded Your witnesses in righteousness and truth, exceedingly. My ardour has consumed me, for my adversaries have forgotten your Words. Your Word is tried, exceedingly and Your servant has loved it. I am small and despised I have not forgotten Your orders Your righteousness is rigteousness forever and Your teaching is the truth. Distress and anguish have found me, Your commands are my delight. The righteousness of Your witnesses is forever, Make me understand that I may live. I have called with all my heart Answer me oh Yahweh! I observe Your laws I have called upon You. Save me that I might guard Your witnesses I rise before dawn, and cry for help I have waited for Your word. My eyes have gone before the night watches, to study Your Word. Hear my voice according to Your kindness O Yahweh, revive me according to Your right-ruling. Those who pursue mischief have drawn near They have been far from Your teaching. You are near O Yahweh And all Your commands are the truth."
Taken from Psalm 119:135-151

Ask yourself..is this a lie??? Can you say this in your heart with David?
I have heard far too much of the ways of man, the wants of man..the thoughts of man...the want so so much to live the way I want..live in love..I have heard it all thanks. Lets stop talking and learn to listen instead, and when we do speak, let our words be those of David. If you tell me, thats David, thats the OT I challenge you, is it a lie? I pray you see it for the truth it is. For all that I quoted is not my words, but Yahwehs.

As for me and my house we will serve Yahweh

Love in Yahushua,
Tamar

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: