Re: Ha-Shem and HTML codes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by YermeYah on September 06, 1997 at 07:57:20:

In Reply to: Re: Ha-Shem and HTML codes posted by David on September 05, 1997 at 19:41:47:

David,
You ask why it is advised for someone searching truth to stay away from Christians.

You are apparently a Christian and a good example of why truth seekers (those who are not well established in sound doctrine)should avoid seeking answers from people who teach lies.

Case in point, you wrote:

: : At one point in the journey of my discipleship with my Lord Jesus Christ, I did believe that
there was some importance to the seventh day Sabbath, I have since discovered that it is only a
stepping stone to discovering the Sabbath Rest of the Lord which is entered into by faith. May the
Lord God of Hosts show you the next stone to step to.

Let's examine your knowledge that you are eager to impart to truth seekers:

You apparently believe that the 10 commandments have been destroyed,or at least this particular one:

Exodus 20:8 - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Let's look in what many call the new testament, to see if what you say is truth:

Matthew 5:17 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.(perform)
18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.(accomplished)

Now David, it appears to me that the truth concerning the Law of YAHWEH is clear, but is there any more evidence that can be brought to light concerning the Sabbath in the new testament?

Let's turn to the book of Hebrews:

Hebr 4:9 (av) There remaineth therefore a rest<4520>to the people of Elohim. {rest: or, keeping of a sabbath}

[4520 sabbatismos {sab-bat-is-mos'}

from a derivative of 4521; TDNT - 7:34,989; n m]

I can see nothing that would suggest that we, the children of YAHWEH, are to discontinue the observance of the weekly Sabbath.

Let's examine some more of your knowledge, David:

: :May the
Lord God of Hosts show you the next stone to step to.

Again, I will turn to the Word of YAHWEH in the 10 commandments:

Exodus 20:7 - Thou shalt not take the name of YAHWEH thy Elohim in vain; for YAHWEH will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

It appears David, that you have fallen into the error of most english translators of the scriptures by violating this commandment.

Let's look at something else you that you asked my brother Lou:

: : Why do you warn people to stay away from Christians? Do you fear Christians in some way?
Would you put them to death if you could? You have a justification in doing so, for they do not
keep the Sabbath. They go to church on Sunday. They are to be stoned!! Isn't that what the Law
requires?

In the first place David, most Christians do not teach false doctrines to people who are searching for truth, they are deceived by those christians who do teach false doctrines.

My master, Yahshua the Messiah said,

Luke 9:55 - But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 - For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

So David, just because we are pro-Torah as was our master Yahshua, that does not mean that we advocate stoning people to death.

Romans 12:19 - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay," saith YAHWEH.

He that has ears to hear, let him hear

YermeYah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]