Re: Key to salvation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Click here for more interesting info

Posted by Eliyah on August 21, 1997 at 23:20:54:

In Reply to: Re: Key to salvation posted by Michael Darius on August 21, 1997 at 18:00:47:

: : Shalom all :)

: This is where we differ.....I will bold out the places which I don't agree with:

: : 1> They have and keep the faith of Yahshua. This is something that Christianity has attempted to focus on, but in doing so, they have forgotten that Yahweh would want us to keep the commandments. Most denominations teach that the commandments are done away with and that they are 'nailed to the cross'. But this is not true. What is true is that grace was shown and walking in righteousness was not learned. One who rejects the commandments of Yahweh are not among the saints according to the above verse. (Also read Matt. 12:50)

: We are all a part of the same Body.

Not all :) In this world, 1 of 3 people profess to be Christian. That's over 1.9 billion people! (Encylopaedia Brittanica, 1997)
Now I ask, How can all these people be on the road to eternal life? Yahshua said to is disciples:

Matt 7:13,14 (NKJV) "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Is one out of three people in the entire world among the 'few'? Hardly! So we can see that there are many who claim to accept Yahshua (Even if by the false name of Jesus), but the scripture tells us that His people are small. Now I ask, If we are on this path that everyone else is on, how can we be on a path that 'few find'? It is clear that Yahshua has said that not everyone who calls on Him are truly His people. In fact, only seven verses later He said that many will come to Him thinking that they are saved, but they will be rejected:

Matt 7:21 (NKJV) "
Not everyone who says to Me, `Master, Master,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

See, His people do His will :) This is the way to LIFE. Continuing...

Matt 7:22,23 (NKJV) "Many will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!(458)'

These people are even doing many signs and wonders as supposed evidence of their faith. But Yahshua never did accept them, they weren't His sheep. And why not? His sheep hear His voice. And these are ones who practice lawlessness. Look at this word in the Strong's Lexicon or at the link above. It clearly means that these are among those who break Yahweh's Torah (Law)! Yes, that so called 'Old testament' that has supposedly been done away with. So evidence of faith is not miracles, but rather, obedience :)

:Those who are not abiding by the Spirit who remain in the church are those who ought to learn from our example.

There comes a point in a persons life where Yahshua will no longer endure the lukewarm attitude:

Reve 3:15-16 (NKJV) "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Yahshua will seperate us from His body if our WORKS are lukewarm.

:"Christianity" is not just a name...it is a lifestyle.
:In English.....it is what we define as the teachings of Paul as he established the first (What we call Christian) church. To separate yourself from that body, is saying that you have the key to salvation.....and they do not. It is up to us who are informed of more truth than others.....to enlighten others to see what Christianity (in what Paul established it to be) should be. In other languages I'm sure that being a "born-again Christian" has a different 'name'.....but then we get into the names thing again.....just because it is called differently than what the faith in Yahshua was originally called. (1 Peter 4:16), does not mean that we are any different.

I think the term "Christianity" is not one that the apostles would embrace. (This is another post perhaps). Let me share some clear differences between what historical Christianity teaches and what the scriptures teach:

1. They say Messiah's name is Jesus, but the scriptures say "Yahshua"

2. They say He was born Dec. 25th, but the scriptures say it was in the fall.

3. They say He took away the law when He died so we don't have to keep it anymore, but the scriptures say no such thing. He did not come to destroy the law.

4. They say that He rose on a Sunday, but the scripture says that very early on the first day, He was already GONE.

5. They have pictures of him too, but in reality nobody knows His appearance except that He was not comely in form. The pictures we see are not unlike Zeus.

6. They say that His day is on Sunday, but He is master of the Sabbath, which is on the 7th day.

The list goes on and on...

This is what BrClif was saying in an earlier post. He was commenting on the terms being used. Sometimes this confuses and offends those who don't understand what he means. These doctrines and traditions are applied to a man that is called Jesus. There is a clear difference when you consider that His true name is Yahshua and His doctrines are dyammetrically opposed to those listed above. How far can one stray from the truth and still be His? That is His decision of course, it has much to do with the heart :) At any rate, I don't want to be termed a "Christian". "Christian" means a follower of Kristos. Kristos was a term often used to describe Zeus, the pagan god. Yahshua's followers called themselves "disciples". This is what I would want to be called. I believe that the term 'Christian' was originally an insult. You mention in one post that 'names' not only mean the spoken name, but also the character associated with that name. I would rather not be associated with the character of Jesus that historical Christianity teaches. I realize this is a hard saying for some...but there comes a point to where we must recognize that most people in Christianity are NOT part of His body. Most are lukewarm blind followers of the blind who have no desire for truth. Please read my study on "Who are Yahweh's people" if this is all unclear to you.

Do you realize, Michael, how rare a person you are?? Most people reject these things! They don't want to be thought of as strange by their fellow church members or their pastor. It is sad I know. Most people are really excited when they learn these things and tell everyone they know. They soon find out that most reject it. Some cannot accept the rejection and so they turn back to where they were. But as Yahshua said "My sheep hear My voice". So I speak not only from experience :)

: The "Key to salvation" is not taught in mainstream Christianity, or Judaism, or Catholicism, or Islam... It is taught when Yahweh chooses to reveal it to you... we cannot look to people to find Yahweh..we must look to Yahshua to find Him.

Yes, Yes, Yes :)

:Paul calls this proccess (In an English translation) being a :Christian. The problem is not that there is "no faith that abides by the Holy Spirit"....it is that the faith that is supposed to abide by the spirit.....is not doing a very good job. But it is up to us to be lights on the world....and bring unity among believers....not division...we are to call ourselves Christians....and live the way a Christian should be living.

The term 'Christian' was discussed above. We must be careful about this word 'unity'. I know that unity among the brethren is important. Indeed it is beautiful! But we know that we must unite in truth, and not in error. There is mass unity right now in gross error from this 'tongues speaking' doctrine. I believe that Yahshua's body IS united in purpose. Yahweh's people always seek the truth. His people walk in the truth that is revealed to them. Some are walking in truth that others are not aware of. But truly His body is united in purpose. I agree that the unity is often not visible enough to shine brightly to all the world. We should labor to find each other and speak to one another (Like in Malachi 3:16) so that we might unite like an army. We all need each other! We must find those who seek His ways so that there is unity in truth. This is one purpose of this web site.

: : So in the beauty of fairness (and perhaps equal time:)), I think it is important to stress obedience to His word as well as His mercy when we fail to do so. In keeping the commandments, we have the picture of righteousness. In Yahshua, we have the forgiveness necessary to stand before Almighty Yahweh when we fail to keep them. In Yahshua we also have the power and strength to keep these commandments! (In truth, we can not do this by our own strength).

: Agreed....now get involved with a spirit filled, non-denominational, born-again... Church which teaches Biblical Christianity....and strives to learn more truth....

I'm a part of a small group here in Ohio. We are non-denominational and strive to seek the truth.

: : Perhaps I will provide links from that page to clarify what seems obscure. I admit it is a graphic that says a thousand words and perhaps would confuse an unbeliever. Then again, there are alot of things on my page that would do this. This web site focuses primarily on those who already accept the Messiah of the Scriptures. Yahweh willing, I will continue to work on a new section of this web site that will focus on unbelievers. It will cover many subjects such as archaeology, errors of false religions and freedom from the bondage of sin. I ask for prayers in this.

: We are to be witnesses of Him EVERYwhere we walk....and everything we partake in...and do should be a witness to unbelievers......we are called to spread His Word.....maybe you have some truth that others don't.....but you seclude yourself from the Body by criticising Christianity and separating yourself from where the majority of the Body exists...you ought not to seclude yourself and hide the truth inside....but spread it.....let it be known....among all believers in the Body. I do not agree with a "web site" that is primarily devoted to "those who already accept the Messiah".....and not moreso to those who need the simplicity of the Gospel, and the Blood of Yahshua to cleanse them. We have the blood, and we ought to feed each other with the meat of His Word......that should be an internal thing.....externally.....we are to show how simple the truth really is. When you enter this site initially....(www.eliyah.com)...it is very confusing....and can be very distracting for the unbeliever.

Ok brother :) I'm sorry you do not agree with this web site, but I want you to consider something.. Suppose that there were 50 million churches who all taught that the Messiah was a person who taught that it was ok to worship other gods. Wouldn't that make you want to set up a web site that explained why He never taught this? Suppose there were 50 million churches that all taught that it was ok to curse Yahweh's name, commit adultery, murder, to steal and do any sin they wished because they believed there was no such thing as a commandment that we must keep. Wouldn't that make you want to set up a web site explaining the TRUTH? This is what has been done here. They teach that it is ok to break Yahweh's commandments. Yahweh forbid!!

We are called to make disciples of all the nations. We aren't called to make converts. A disciple is one who walks in the way that Yahshua walked at ANY cost.

Nevertheless, as I have stated twice before, I am working on a section of this web site called "The Light" which will be devoted to witnessing to unbelievers. Unbelievers require a different approach, a gentle one. Most have been affected by the deception that is present in mainstream Christianity. There is so much to learn for these. They need the milk of the word first. Nonetheless, I have received emails from people who have accepted Yahshua as their savior as a result of what they read here. They want to be baptized in Yahshua's name. Remember what Yahshua said:

John 6:44 (NKJV) "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yahweh is in the picture here. He can draw out whom He pleases :)
Maybe I don't get the mass numbers that another site may get, but then again, aren't Yahweh's people few? How many of those are really serious about worshiping Yahweh in Spirit and in truth?

: Keeping the commandments is important......but more importantly.....stay personal with the Spirit who gives us the strength to do so....and convicts us to do what Yahweh desires.

Yes, absolutely. And I keep in mind that we will not be convicted to do what Yahweh desires unless we are already walking in what He has revealed to us by His Spirit :) To be able to walk in His light requires our trust in Him who called us unto Himself to be conformed to the perfect image of Yahshua, our Savior.
In Yahshua's name I pray that we will be lead in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake (Ps. 23) HalleluYah! I praise Yahweh that we agree in many things...

With love in Yahshua's name,

Eliyah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]