Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#112911 - 05/04/11 06:03 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: revrich]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

The Meat You Should Never, Ever Eat...
Posted By Dr. Mercola | May 04 2011 | 238,476 views

Visit the Mercola Video Library

Is your meat made of scraps stuck together with “meat glue”? This exposé reveals how you may be being deceived about the meat you buy -- and why the dangerous practice makes food poisoning hundreds of times more likely.

If you are still on the fence, wondering if you should make the switch to organic, grass-fed beef from a local farm instead of the mass-produced variety from your local supermarket, perhaps this news brief from the Australian Today Tonight show will help change your mind.

If you haven't yet seen the video, please click through and be ready to be amazed.

By now most people probably realize that ground beef contains the meat from hundreds of animals from different parts of the world, but few would ever suspect that the same can be true for prime cut steaks! Well, that's possible through the use of so-called meat glue, used to "super-glue" small chunks of meat together that are too small to sell, and passing it off as prime cuts...
What is Meat Glue?

Meat glue is an enzyme called transglutaminase. Some meat glues are produced through the cultivation of bacteria, while others are made from the blood plasma of pigs and cows, specifically the coagulant that makes blood clot.

When sprinkled on a protein, such as beef, it forms cross-linked, insoluble protein polymers that essentially acts like a super-glue, binding the pieces together with near invisible seams. The glue-covered meat is rolled up in plastic film, followed by refrigeration. Some manufacturers have gotten so proficient in the practice that even an expert butcher can't tell the difference between a piece of prime beef and one that's been glued together with bits and pieces of scraps!

Meat glue is also used for:

Pork / ham Lamb Fish products such as fish balls
Chicken Imitation crab meat Processed meats

Interestingly enough, Ajinomoto is one of the leaders in transglutaminase. You may recognize that name as they are also one of the leaders in aspartame. According to their website, transglutaminase is also used to "improve the general texture" of a variety of foods aside from meat, such as fat-free yoghurt and cheese.

Meat Glue—Both Unethical and Potentially Dangerous

First, there's the obvious issue of misleading consumers. Since food manufacturers are not required to disclose what they've done, you think you're buying a prime cut when in fact you're paying top dollar for glued-together bits and pieces that would otherwise have been discarded or sold for a fraction of the cost.

But aside from the fact that it's a pure scam........MORE

MEAT

#112931 - 05/21/11 11:17 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: yonah1]
revrich Offline

Loc: Wi.
When one shops at the kosher butcher one gets what God said we should eat. This stuff has been around for years so you should be sure of the butcher shop you buy in. True, they are not required to tell you that they use this glue but they are required to tell you IF YOU ASK.
Therefore, brothers, let it be known to you that through this man is proclaimed forgiveness of sins! Acts 13:38

May I be at my Fathers work when my Master comes.

#113033 - 08/03/11 12:29 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Salmonella outbreak strikes 26 states: How to stay safe

(CBS/AP) "Government investigators are still looking for the source of a salmonella outbreak that sickened 76 people and killed a Calif. resident.

The USDA and CDC believe the outbreak that spread across 26 states is linked to tainted ground turkey. Cargill, a Minnesota-based meat company, said Tuesday that it has been contacted by the USDA as part of the investigation, but has not been named as the culprit.

The illnesses date back to March, and the CDC said Monday that cultures of ground turkey from four retail locations between March 7 and June 27 showed contamination with the same strain of salmonella, but couldn't specifically link them to the illnesses. The preliminary investigation showed that three of those samples were linked to the same factory, but the agency has yet to name the retailers or the manufacturers.

Why is there such a lack of government information on this outbreak? It may be because USDA rules make it hard to investigate and recall salmonella-tainted poultry. Salmonella is common in poultry, so it's not illegal for meat to be tainted with the pathogen. So officials must directly link the salmonella illnesses with a certain producer or establishment. That's difficult to do because people don't always remember what they ate or where they got it from.....

TURKEY

SUPER BUG

Edited by yonah1 (08/03/11 12:35 PM)

#113034 - 08/05/11 09:03 AM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

50% of Rats Given this Died -- Why is it On Your Dinner Plate?

Posted By Dr. Mercola | August 05 2011 | 52,308 views

The first report was recently issued on ambient levels of glyphosate and its major degradation product, aminomethylphosphonic acid (AMPA), in air and rain. Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide in the U.S.

Weekly air particle and rain samples were collected during two growing seasons in agricultural areas in Mississippi and Iowa. Rain was also collected in Indiana. The frequency of glyphosate detection ranged from 60 to 100 percent in both air and rain...................

A couple of years ago, a French court found Monsanto guilty of falsely advertising its herbicide as "biodegradable," "environmentally friendly" and claiming it "left the soil clean." The truth is that Roundup is anything BUT environmentally friendly. Monsanto's own tests showed that only two percent of the herbicide broke down after 28 days, which means it readily persists in the environment!

Glyphosate is the most commonly reported cause of pesticide illness among landscape maintenance workers in California, and researchers have now linked it to Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS), a serious plant disease, in many fields around the world. Numerous studies have also shown that glyphosate is contributing not only to the huge increase in SDS, but also to the outbreak of some 40 different plant and crop diseases! It weakens plants and promotes disease in a number of ways, including:.............

Potential Health Hazards of Glyphosate

Usually, whatever toxins lurk in the environment has a tendency to find its way into animals' bellies and onto your dinner plate, and this holds true for glyphosate as well. Some of the fungi promoted by glyphosate produce dangerous toxins that can end up in the food supply. Some of these have been linked to human toxicosis in Eastern Europe, esophageal cancer in southern Africa and parts of China, joint diseases in Asia and southern Africa, and a blood disorder in Russia.

Additionally:................. POISON

Revelation 11:18
"The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small— and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

#113088 - 08/19/11 07:25 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

What Chinese People Think about Jews [img]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805091963/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=myjewishlearn-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=0805091963[/img] *Jews can begin law school in the second year in America, because they are advanced in law

* Phelps, a swimming Jew, will win many gold medals in the Beijing Olympic Games

Chinese in rural Guizhou Province have some interesting ideas about Jews. What about Chinese in the slightly less bucolic neighborhoods of Manhattan? I decided to test the Jewish knowledge of the staff at Eden Wok on 34th Street, the self-proclaimed “finest Glatt Kosher Chinese restaurant and sushi bar.”

First, a word on the food: meh. I really wanted to like the food more, if for no other reason than out of respect for the effort. Truly kosher Chinese food is as strange an idea as Phelps the swimming Jew.

Pork, after all, is to Chinese food what cheese is to Italian food. You take it away, and you’re left with nothing but starch. Still, Eden Wok makes a solid lo mein.,,,,," <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/culture/what-chinese-people-think-about-jews/

Edited by yonah1 (08/19/11 07:35 PM)

#113237 - 12/25/11 12:25 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: FreeIndeed]
Melodie_WI Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Northeast Wisconsin
CHALLAH BREAD

1/4 C Warm Water

2 pkgs. quick rise Yeast OR 2 oz. cake yeast

2 3/4 C Warm Water

1/2 C Veg Oil

4 tsp (1 Tbl +1 tsp) Salt

1/2 C Sugar

1/2 C Baking Sugar

(4) Eggs: (NOTE: 3 Eggs for bread & 1 Egg for brushing on braided loaves before baking)

7 to 8 Cups Unbleached white bread flour

Sesame (or poppy) Seeds

Combine the 1/4 C water & yeast, stir & set aside

Combine the 2 3/4 C water in large bowl with the veg oil, salt & sugar. Blend then add 3 of the eggs & the yeast mixture & stir.

Add 1 C flour & mix. Add 3 more cups flour & mix/stir, then add rest of flour & more if needed until too stiff to stir.

Turn out onto floured board & knead, adding flour as needed until dough is smooth & not sticky.

Place dough in greased bowl & cover with towel. Let rise until doubled; about 1 1/2 hours.

Punch dough down to remove air bubbles & put onto floured board. Cut dough in half. Cut each half into thirds. Squeeze/roll/pull dough into 6 "ropes." Grease 2 cookie sheets & make 2 braided loaves.

Cover & let rise for about 1 1/4 hours or until doubled. Brush loaves with beaten egg & sprinkle with Sesame seeds.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 - 40 Min. Cool on racks. (I cut each loaf into thirds to fit into large freezer bags. smile enjoy~!
It is not difficult to make at all; you just have to have to set aside the time & be there to do it (a day you don't have any errands to run is what I mean). smile

Edited by Melodie_WI (12/25/11 12:27 PM)

#113293 - 01/31/12 06:38 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: Melodie_WI]
MENZ Offline
Newly Registered User

this is wonderful!
I always try to make a nice dinner before sunset on friday (unless it is winter when the sun goes down real early)
If there are left overs we snack on that freely. I also try and make muffins and cakes or cookies. I also like to get everyone their own bag of chips or crackers for shabbath for the times you just want to grab something during the day and it is a treat cause we cant eat them during the week.
my favorite things to make that store well,
potato salad
flat bread rice and hummus
carrot sticks with hummus
banana muffins (can add chocolate chips)
oh and i cant believe i have gone blank ha ha will have to think and come back to this post smile i have enjoyed reading it! Toda

#113303 - 02/05/12 03:22 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: MENZ]
LisaO Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Utah
I'm glad I saw these ideas for Shabbat meals...I live in a small town (less than 500) and there is no one else I have found that keeps Sabbath with me. Even my boys (17 & 22) do not, although they have gotten used to my "new" way of life. I usually just do not cook on Sabbath or eat leftovers as I work until 5:30 every Friday night and do not get home before dark during the winter months. I love the idea of the Challah bread or any bread with pesto or spinach dip, etc. The chicken or tuna salads made up beforehand. You do not realize how wonderful this is for me to find. Thanks to you all for these wonderful ideas!! Shalom!!

#113318 - 02/14/12 03:08 AM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: LisaO]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

One of my favorite childhood memories was my Swedish Grandmothers Jellied SILTA served with wine vinegar that she only made around holiday time. Hers was made with pork and veal. Mine I just made with chicken and whatever veggies you have available. Just grind it all up and cook with unflavored gelatin and put in fridge. Slice up and serve with crackers and a little vinegar. YUM

Also very good sandwich spread

Edited by yonah1 (02/18/12 05:33 AM)

#113410 - 04/14/12 03:51 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: FreeIndeed]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding Lev 7:23

Leviticus 7:23
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat."

What about things like hamburger?

#113428 - 04/21/12 07:13 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

BUMP

#113438 - 04/24/12 11:36 AM Re: FAT [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Originally Posted By: yonah1
Does anyone have any thoughts regarding Lev 7:23

Leviticus 7:23
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat."

What about things like hamburger?

Odd that I've never seen OR heard a discussion regarding the consumption of FAT.

Yet it appears to be as serious as consuming BLOOD.

#113439 - 04/24/12 08:05 PM Re: FAT [Re: yonah1]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: USA
Indeed it should not be eaten. I think it literally means not to eat chunks of it because obviously there is fat all throughout any meat animal. I try to trim most of it before we cook any of our meat.

A side note: I think the fat of any animal can contain toxins...not for sure though...and maybe that is just one health reason not to eat it.

#113442 - 04/25/12 10:33 AM ... [Re: DudleyFamily]
yeshuaslave Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: tulsa

#113444 - 04/26/12 10:54 PM Re: What's For Dinner Tonight? [Re: FreeIndeed]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Roasted Potatoes

Shabbat dinner on Friday night is all about the comfort food, and these roasted potatoes do not disappoint. Crispy and flavorful, they work as a side dish for nearly any meal, appealing to picky eaters and foodies alike. MORE>

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Ritual/Shabbat_The_Sabbath/At_Home/roasted-potato.shtml

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
Wonder958, Mayer Fam, James North MI., 4wings, Yasharal 119
3751 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3751 Members
12 Forums
4334 Topics
38771 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
9th Month ("September")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."