Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#113451 - 05/07/12 02:59 PM Re: FAT, storage of poisons, immune system uses. [Re: yeshuaslave]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Sugar is Both a Fat and a Carb, and this Combo Drives World-Wide Obesity-Related Disease Rates

"Sugar is the only calorie source that correlates with the increase in diabetes. In 1985, when the world-wide sugar consumption was 98 million tons, diabetes affected 30 million people. By 2010, sugar consumption had risen to 160 million tons, and global diabetes prevalence reached 346 million people. Overall, sugar is 50 times more potent than calories, in terms of causing diabetes. But why does it have this extraordinarily potent effect?

The answer lies in its unique structure. As just mentioned, it metabolizes as both fat and carbohydrate, and the reason for this is because it contains both glucose and fructose. These two sugars are not interchangeable, and your body processes each of them differently.

Sucrose (table sugar) is 50 percent glucose and 50 percent fructose. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is anywhere from 42 to 55 percent fructose depending on which type is used. Glucose is the form of energy your body is designed to run on. Every cell in your body uses glucose for energy, and it's metabolized in every organ of your body; about 20 percent of glucose is metabolized in your liver. Fructose, on the other hand, can only be metabolized by your liver, because your liver is the only organ that has the transporter for it.

Since all fructose gets shuttled to your liver, and, if you eat a typical Western-style diet, you consume high amounts of it, fructose ends up taxing and damaging your liver in the same way alcohol and other toxins do. In fact, fructose is virtually identical to alcohol with regards to the metabolic havoc it wreaks. According to Dr. Lustig, fructose is a "chronic, dose-dependent liver toxin." And just like alcohol, fructose is metabolized directly into fat—not cellular energy, like glucose. So eating fructose is really like eating fat—it just gets stored in your fat cells, which leads to mitochondrial malfunction.

Not even fatty fruits like avocado or coconut have this effect, because your body treats them as either a fat or a carb—not both. Sugar is the only food that functions as both a fat and a carb simultaneously, and it is this combination of fat and carb that causes metabolic derangements and, subsequently, disease. So, please, don't be fooled: when it comes to sugar, the claim you hear on TV, that "sugar is sugar" no matter what form it's in, is a misstatement that can, quite literally, kill you—albeit slowly.

Carbohydrate Biochemistry 101..........Since all fructose gets shuttled to your liver, and, if you eat a typical Western-style diet, you consume high amounts of it, fructose ends up taxing and damaging your liver in the same way alcohol and other toxins do. In fact, fructose is virtually identical to alcohol with regards to the metabolic havoc it wreaks. According to Dr. Lustig, fructose is a "chronic, dose-dependent liver toxin." And just like alcohol, fructose is metabolized directly into fat—not cellular energy, like glucose. So eating fructose is really like eating fat"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...20507_DNL_art_1

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/28/13 11:48 AM)
Edit Reason: Signature Removed Due To Links

#113472 - 05/23/12 06:56 PM Re: FAT, storage of poisons, immune system uses. [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

smirk

#113473 - 05/23/12 07:00 PM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Eating tough Monsanto GMO corn tonight

#113501 - 06/20/12 12:12 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Hebrew National hot dogs not kosher, lawsuit claims

.By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 12 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/hebrew-national-kosher-hot-dogs-lawsuit-150637079.html

"Hebrew National—the hot dog maker that has long claimed to "answer to a higher authority"—is being sued by a small group of consumers who say the company's meats are falsely advertised as kosher.

According to Reuters, the lawsuit filed by 11 people in Minnesota against Hebrew National owner ConAgra Foods Inc. claims the company misled them in placing the "Triangle K" symbol on products that did not cut the mustard, so to speak, when it comes to standards for kosher labeling.

ConAgra, they say, was then able to charge premium prices for nonkosher meat.

AER, the Skokie, Illinois-based company that supervises the kosher slaughtering process, "did little or nothing" to address complaints that the meat processed for ConAgra was nonkosher, according to the lawsuit.

The plaintiffs, who are seeking unspecified damages, want class-action status for all Hebrew National U.S. consumers over the last four years, according to the news service.

AER dismissed the claims as baseless. And ConAgra, which also owns Chef Boyardee, Healthy Choice, Peter Pan and Reddi-wip, said its hot dogs are kosher.

"While we can't comment on pending litigation," ConAgra spokeswoman Teresa Paulsen said in a statement on Monday, "we stand behind the quality of Hebrew National and its kosher status."

On its website, Hebrew National explains the "kosher difference":........"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/hebrew-national-kosher-hot-dogs-lawsuit-150637079.html

http://www.hebrewnational.com/kosher-difference.jsp

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/28/13 11:49 AM)

#113633 - 10/09/12 09:07 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

The way the crisp crumbles

The Brits call it one thing, the Americans another. Either way, it can be an economical, warm, healthy dessert

"Brits call it a crumble, and Americans call it a crisp, but they’re basically the same thing, an utterly delicious combination of fresh seasonal fruit topped with sweetened crumbs and baked to an appealing golden-brown crisp that crumbles when you eat it.

(According to the home cooking mavens at the technique-centric Cooks Illustrated, the family of crumb-topped fruit bakes also includes cobblers, which usually have a biscuit topping, differentiating itself from crisps and crumbles that have a crumb topping. Moreover, crisps, which are topped with nuts, differ slightly from crumbles, which use oatmeal instead.)

Although some versions of the crisp or crumble are said to date back to the 19th century, they enjoyed particular popularity during World War II, when rationing of basics like sugar, butter, and eggs made pies and cakes impossible to prepare. In our neck of the woods, with fall fruits available and the prices of ingredients soaring, the crumble can be more than an economical, warm dessert. When made with healthy ingredients, it can be topped with yogurt for breakfast or brunch, kept it in the refrigerator for the kids to eat as a nutritious snack, or served as a seasonal and warming end-of-meal dessert.....

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-way-the-crisp-crumbles/

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/28/13 11:46 AM)

#114522 - 01/24/13 04:57 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Today's Seafood Special: Pig Manure, Antibiotics, and Diarrhea Bugs
Imported seafood is full of dirt and chemicals. So why is the FDA inspecting practically none of it?

—By Tom Philpott
| January/February 2013 Issue

"Next time you tuck into a Red Lobster "Endless Shrimp" special or score some $7-per-pound salmon at a supermarket, consider this: You're very likely eating imported seafood raised on a factory-style farm in Asia—and it almost certainly was never inspected by the Food and Drug Administration on its way into the country and onto your plate.

Is that…safe? Big retailers like Walmart and restaurant chains like Darden (owner of Red Lobster) say yes, in part because some of the seafood they buy bears the Best Aquaculture Practices label. Who issues that label? The Global Aquaculture Alliance, an industry endeavor—its board consists of representatives from (you guessed it) Darden, as well as Cargill, the Chilean salmon industry, and a large farmed-shrimp importer called Eastern Fish Company. Not surprisingly, BAP standards for farmed fish placed near the bottom (16 of 20) in a 2012 ranking of aquaculture labels by the University of Victoria's Seafood Ecology Research Group. (Darden says it independently tests its shrimp for contaminants but declined to share its results; Walmart did not answer our questions about inspections.)......

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/01/imported-seafood-shrimp-fda

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/28/13 11:47 AM)

#114546 - 01/27/13 10:36 PM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
Jauhuchanam Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: Germany and Uganda
"So why is the FDA inspecting practically none of it?"

I think they earn a lot of money, money, money, dollar, dollar, dollar............
Sickness is the most profitable business on planet earth. Forget wars, drugs, weapons .... "health"?

No, no, no: it is "sickness"
Make them sick, earn even more - world is really evil!

Our Savior said, the work of satan is to murder
"a murderer from beginning"
and that "they" have to do his work.

#114622 - 02/17/13 12:36 PM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: Jauhuchanam]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

#114627 - 02/18/13 10:34 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: USA
I had forgotten about the hot dog story. Dont take my hebrew nationals away!!!!!! Just kidding. I've also heard about the pig poop eating fish that americans eat now. We must be the world's guinea pigs or something. Growing up my dad had noticed these birds roosting on the dead trees in the lakes. By taking a blob of chicken liver bait(that mimics poop) and casting out under the trees, BAM, you can catch 10 lb + catfish all day. Nowadays, I do not recommend eating poop fed fish.

#114663 - 03/01/13 07:08 PM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: DudleyFamily]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Horsemeat scandal: Four new products test positive

"Four beef products sold by Bird's Eye, Taco Bell and catering supplier Brakes have been found to contain horse DNA, the Food Standards Agency says.

This is the third wave of test results received by the FSA, which has now received a total of 5,430 test results.

Meanwhile, new tests conducted on beef retail products revealed no new cases of horsemeat adulteration, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) has said......"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21631961

BTW- Don't know if I posted this - but a few weeks ago bought some Stouffers lasagna on sale. Hadn't had any in some time and always enjoyed and always all beef I think. Forgot to check the ingredients- and guess what? They snuck in some pork with that beef that I discovered halfway thru dinner. Into the trash. Just a word to the concerned.

#114669 - 03/04/13 03:19 PM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: yonah1]
Ruth12 Offline

Loc: Virginia
Speaking of food topics, any suggestions for substitutions for Vanilla Wafers during Passover/Unleavened Bread? My son's birthday is the night of Passover (if barley is aviv and all), and he's asking for my lemon icebox pie (it's like lemon meringue pie mixed with ice cream and kept in the freezer) to celebrate. But, the crust is made out of vanilla wafers, which have leaven. I looked at graham crackers to, but still leaven. The crust needs to be hard too, can't be a plain pie crust, since it has the ice cream right on top. Any suggestions for a substitute crust?

I may see about trying to celebrate his day a few days before if I can't find a substitute so that way we can have it all eaten by the feast. My son (will be 6) is a stickler for dates and I'll have to coax him carefully to accept a new "birthdate" for the time being. smile

#114671 - 03/05/13 05:42 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: Ruth12]
joco Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: NC
How about unleavened brownies? Google a recipe and leave it in the oven a little longer so they get harder.

#114672 - 03/05/13 09:03 AM Re:What's For Dinner Tonight?. [Re: joco]
Ruth12 Offline

Loc: Virginia
I don't know why I didn't think to google for a recipe for unleavened vanilla wafers! And I found one! Problem solved! Thanks for the prompt to google! laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
Wonder958, Mayer Fam, James North MI., 4wings, Yasharal 119
3751 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3751 Members
12 Forums
4334 Topics
38771 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
9th Month ("September")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."