Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#113227 - 12/17/11 10:40 AM Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription
EliYah Administrator Offline
Veteran User

Loc: Near Springfield, MO USA
Shalom,

I'm looking for anyone who would be able to do transcription of the video broadcasts. Transcription is something that I used to have years ago and it was quite popular, especially among deaf believers in Yahushua. One year we had over a dozen deaf believers attending our feast in Eminence. It was a blessing smile

I've gotten emails, asking if or when it will ever be restored again. I would love to see a team of volunteers, sharing the task every week so it's not too much on one person.

If you would like to be a part of the team, respond to this post and let me know you are interested.

EliYah

#113233 - 12/24/11 01:28 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: USA
More than glad to help. I can type pretty fast and can dedicate a lot of time to get these typed out.

Shalom,
Klayton

ps - just let me know how to do this

dklaybee3@yahoo.com

#113234 - 12/24/11 03:58 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
Sandi Lynn Offline
Newly Registered User

I would be happy to help transcribe sermons. I am a fast and accurate typist looking to use my skills to help spread the truth. My email is SandiHarss@gmail.com

#113235 - 12/24/11 07:59 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
Veteran User

Shalom,

Thanks for being so quick to volunteer. Since Klayton was the first to reply, I suppose she can work on transcription of this week's broadcast. Then Sandi can do next week's.

To do it, just download the audio file at http://www.eliyah.com/transcripts/ .

You can store the transcription in a regular text file (*.txt).

Please limit the # of characters on each line of your transcription text to 370 characters. Having more than 370 characters per line causes problems with the HTML formatting system I've set up.

Whenever you come to a scripture reference, you don't need to type out the scripture. Simply type out the reference like this:

/s gen 1 1 (for Genesis 1:1)
or
/s rev 21 1 (for Revelation 21:1)

and so on..

That should greatly reduce the amount of time needed to transcribe the meetings.

Thanks so much for your help. May Yahweh return the blessing a hundredfold.

EliYah

#113236 - 12/25/11 12:44 AM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
greatfull1 Offline
Newly Registered User

Shalom EliYah and family,

May keep me on file for back up since you seem to have
others- thank you, blessings

#113239 - 12/27/11 10:04 AM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
Sandi Lynn Offline
Newly Registered User

Shalom,
I'll plan to transcribe the Jan. 6/7 sermon...I have a Mac and I'm not sure about a rich text format...I can save as a Word doc...will that work for you?
Sandi

#113247 - 01/03/12 11:52 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: DudleyFamily]
Veteran User

Shalom,

Thanks, Klayton for doing the transcription. You did a really good job! Thanks for your efforts smile

This week's broadcast has now been posted. I would have had it up on the Shabbat but we had visitors here for the Shabbat and following day.

I should offer some clarification on the instructions for doing the transcription.

* If you can use a plain text editing program (like TextPad) that counts the number of characters on a line, we need to keep the number of alpha characters to 370 per line. This will mean you have to have word wrap turned off.

* The /s Gen 1 1 needs to be on its own line, by itself.

* If you have to quote more than 1 verse use this format: /s gen 1 1 2 . Don't use any dashes or colons. This can be used to quote up to three verses at a time (e.g. /s gen 1 1 3 ). If you more than three verses in a row are quoted, create a new line with a new scripture quote (e.g. /s gen 1 4 or /s gen 1 4 6 )

These clarifications should help me better format the plain text to HTML.

Thanks again smile

EliYah

#113248 - 01/03/12 11:55 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: greatfull1]
Veteran User

Shalom Greatful,

If you could do the transcription for 12/31 that would be great.

EliYah

#113249 - 01/04/12 12:36 PM Sample *.txt transcription file [Re: EliYah]
Veteran User

This is how the transcription file should look. See attached...

Attachments
12312011.txt (62 downloads)
Description: Correct format for transcription

EliYah

#113250 - 01/04/12 06:50 PM Past broadcast [Re: EliYah]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Are you wanting the old broadcast typed out also? That will not be a problem for me to spend a little time each day to get the old ones typed out.

Shalom,
Klayton

#113251 - 01/04/12 07:07 PM Re: Past broadcast [Re: DudleyFamily]
Veteran User

It would be nice to have the Stumbling Blocks segments written out but I don't want to overwhelm the volunteers smile

EliYah

#113256 - 01/06/12 12:55 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
Sandi Lynn Offline
Newly Registered User

Shalom all!
I realized just now that I was to transcribe the Dec. 31st sermon...sorry about mis-reading assignments...thanks Greatful for doing it in my stead...
I will still do Jan. 6/7, in plain text as requested. I've been trying to set my Text Edit to a 370 character length but can't get it to hold...anyone got a Mac? Mine is new to me so there's a learning curve here...
I'll do my best and await your feedback...
Sandi Lynn

#113257 - 01/06/12 06:26 PM Stumbling Blocks part 1 [Re: Sandi Lynn]
DudleyFamily Offline
Very Experienced User

Just so others know so we do not end up working on the same broadcast,

I have started on Stumbling Blocks part 1 and should have it done soon. It's a long one though...1hr 40min smile

Shalom and blessing to all,

Klayton

grin

#113259 - 01/07/12 11:39 AM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
greatfull1 Offline
Newly Registered User

Shabat Shalom EliYah,

That was me that just called 11:30 am Shabbat.

Just noticed this request- gladly will do- was checking see if emails to see if needed- since last time on forums

Will check rest of these to make sure not already done-for 31st.

Thank you.

Yahweh Bless and keep you, greatfull

#113260 - 01/07/12 04:36 PM Re: Help needed for Video Broadcast Transcription [Re: EliYah]
MiykaEl Offline

I will give it a go EliYah....Where do we send file...email to you? Which one should I start on...

MiykaEl_TX

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
Willie Wong, A.W.E., Veracity, KimberlyH, Devin
3770 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3770 Members
12 Forums
4335 Topics
38774 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
11th Month ("November")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."