Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#112709 - 01/26/11 12:27 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: mbanak]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

I agree!! In every group there will always be those who wish to take advantage of or impose their social dominance - and make like pharisees.

Listen to The Five Fundamental Principles of Phariseeism

* link removed by Moderator *

I heard once that the Pilgrims had a problem with lack of food early on because food production was communalized - things didn't get right until it was privatized.

Jude 12 "These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead."

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (04/16/13 07:49 PM)

#112758 - 02/16/11 04:34 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
tten Offline
Newly Registered User

I am very new to Messianic Christian ways. The Holy Spirit & what I have found in scripture has totally convicted me that Gentile beleivers are to be grafted into the olive tree, Isreal & Gentiles are the wild olive tree. (Romans 11:17). My husband is a believer of the Messiah (Christ)but does not have any interest in Messianic. He says that is for the Jews & we are not Jewish,etc. So I am trying to follow my convictions but yet be obedient to Yahweh and His word & have a peaceful home.. I think an Amish style Messianic community/farm would be wonderful. I will be praying about that. Yahweh will have to work it out for me to follow the Messianic way more. I hope that I can some day live my life completely Messianic. Does that make any sence?

Edited by tten (02/16/11 04:38 PM)

#112872 - 04/19/11 03:51 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: yeshuaslave]
rainbow Offline
Experienced User

Loc: New Hampshire
"Foreigners" seem to have their act together - 3 to 5 of them live in one house, splitting the mortgage and all the bills ...
ends up costing them each $125 per month, plus food and car expenses.
that's $125.00 one hundred twenty five dollars and zero cents.
that covers their part of the monthly rent and electric and gas and water bills. (don't know about insurance, don't care for now)...
they each work different places, and their wives/children are included in the house but don't have to pay extra .

yeshuaslave
Now that makes a lot of sense. Not to mention the fellowship you would have as well.

Too bad believers didn't team up with duplexes and apartment building that are for sale as well...

shared living expenses and vehicles etc....hmmm

#112951 - 06/03/11 07:24 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: rainbow]
peacetoGoodWill Offline

Loc: New Jerusalem H'Shamyeem
Actually rainbow- there have been those in Mass who have done this AND -when i first came - it was wonderful- - obviously - if in 1st year "Christianity" it didn't last - what more can i say- right-

well-- Script says "Occupy till I[He]comes"

Ezekiel 11:17 “... ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “.. I shall gather you from the peoples, and I shall assemble you from the lands where you have been scattered, and I shall give you the land of Yisra’ĕl.”
[Wellers]

MY HEART! HallaluYAH! Toda rabba for th encouragement:)

"Foreigners" ...$125 per month, ..._________________________"...suffer persecution so that, perhaps, take part in resurrection..." Paul's letter

Tov meod:)Sound great yeshuaslave

Good to know re “Law” or color thereof –ty Felix
* link removed by Moderator *
somthing to consider
-----------------May PRAYER+Thanks+rejoice+WORD accompany US
"..this is the Ark in Yahushua.." intresting [matzos]

Ty Rob and Jen (BTW theseedofabraham.net expired)
u guys preg.? Congrats ||^u frm NY “Seed”?

[Ben and Pamela]Tenn? My bro[He dose Alt. fuel]
is there (I have thoughts on this…)
- - - good to hear NUB [stevpace@bellsouth.net]

Upstate ny, ..It would be wonderful to start a Messianic community ..and be self sufficient.We are coming to the end of the church age, where the Father is turning his attentions to Israel and the sons & daughters of Israel.I for one am fatigued with the luke warm ways of the mainstream Church and our techno secular society.
Count me In,
Dave Moscowitz
Rohester NY

When the son of man returns will he find faith on the earth?_________________________
I am interested in connected with my spiritual brothers and sisters in any way that I can.We have been dispersed by divine Providence, but I know we will all be reunited again.
-^-(i have a Lag B'Omer story on Providence-which i believe would b relivent to this discussion:)

^Just 4 hours from Rochester –hear there r folks north who have land to start something…/I b with ya bro/

“..educate the members on the Jewish feasts ...dmoscow1@frontier.com Toda bro:)

...if Yahweh's people bought a Hotel like a Best western....everyone would have their space, there would be a community dinning room, swimming pool for Baptisms, a large laundry area and then have a community garden/farm....[rainbow]

building when you
step out and faith and put your feet into the waters and
cross over the Jordon into the promised land.

Munsens
Colfax, La 71417 [beeman]
v
as for “. . water rights..” Oxa ASKED
v
Re: “food” of over 200 Cities only 47 were NOT begun by Kibbutzim![collective]in Israel

#112958 - 06/07/11 09:34 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: peacetoGoodWill]
rainbow Offline
Experienced User

Loc: New Hampshire
I've come to see we are to be a light right where we are, and Yahweh will gather us when it is time. We are to love those around us, and little by little we have found believers in our state or nearby all about 2 to 3 hours away...willing to travel at least once a month to fellowship:)

Praise Yahweh, HalleluYah!

#112995 - 07/17/11 10:53 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Shalomiel Weller Offline
Newly Registered User

This is (The Wellers) ..just could not figure out what password we put in, lol ....anyways we ended up going to this place called Prairie Creek Settlement (P.C.S.) also known as The Church of Acts over in Richland, MO and what was suppose to be a community of Messianic believers slowly changed in the course of 3 months into a "bridge community" meaning they compromise on Torah, (not that we exclude patience and mercy)but this became bold compromise which is not what we signed up for. I thank Yah He got us out of there because from what I understand all people of like mind who were so broken in spirit to being set apart by the increase of hypocrisy ended up leaving as well. Also that Yah rewards capitalism over communism, meaning you decide what is don't with the fruit of your labors and not others or one hypocritical leader (hint, hint ...lol).

Anyways its no longer just me and my wife who still hold to this idea, but two other married couples our age who are willing to do something with us as well. And I'm glad we went through this despite the financial catching up we had to do to get stable again because we now know well what NOT to do ...lol smile And let me refine the past statement on (Amish style community) ...We think it would be better to be a school where Messiah is Teacher and not men (John 8:31) and put Messiah (The Word -Torah and Gospels) on our hearts by memorizing scripture (as they did in the last great reformation) so we can walk in the power of His Word without stumbling and be as those who have truly been set free by the Son of Yah and sin no more, being bond servants to righteousness in the Messiah.

Well sorry for the late reply I am thankful for all your suggestions and prayers ...we have not checked on this post for months because we lost heart in it after seeing nothing after a week. But we may contact you who have made offers. And yes I am willing to split the cost of land with people if in OK where I live. Or better yet if anyone has land but dont use it for anything why not give to us ...for I drive a big truck across the mid west and see lots of land abandoned or not even being put to use.

Thanks again and Shalom ...Shalomiel, and Brandi Weller. Also for you that are able to make petition pray that the people running that place I mentioned above repent because I hear things of sin leading to death in the camp. Thanks

my e-mail is wordimplanted@live.com

#112996 - 07/17/11 11:46 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: mbanak]
Shalomiel Weller Offline
Newly Registered User

we love what you said. Because the same exact thing happened ...about silencing a guest at the "community" we lived at....that was one of the signs that we were trying to be turned into a cult. sorry but Messiah is my leader and teacher...not man. Thanks so much for your input! Also I just added you to facebook! my name is brandi weller

#113006 - 07/21/11 09:55 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: tten]
talmideiyeshua Offline
Newly Registered User

That makes a lot of sense. Your husband will be lead by Yah as he is a believer and your example of Torah observance and the Feasts will be the best. In time your husband will see the truth of the scriptures particularly in the Feast as it so clearly points to Yeshua and as a believer that may win him over towards a deeper messianic understanding. Blessings. www.messianicfellowship.ca

#113019 - 07/27/11 10:31 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
williamfleck Offline
Newly Registered User

shalom,
how did your search go? my wife and i are in the same boat as you all.
did Yah answer your prayers?
bill from rhode island

#113027 - 08/02/11 06:02 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
The Norwoods Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Tx
We have been praying about this as well and all you share is just what our hearts are longing for. We are VERY ready! Keep us updated and feel free to contact us:
leenorwood2000@yahoo.com

#113901 - 12/02/12 04:29 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
PaulC Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Houston,Texas,USA
My wife and I have wanted to get out of the rat race as well. Has anyone found a Truly Healthy Messianic Community, a place like Heaven on Earth, preferably in Texas, USA.

mpchiari@gmail.com

#113906 - 12/02/12 06:37 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: PaulC]
joco Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: NC
Just a word of caution brethren. While it sounds great to dwell with brethren of like faith in a messianic community, things can go wrong. People change. Their beliefs change, etc. One can be in a group where everyone really loves one another, etc., but if your beloved brother accepts a false doctrine or accepts a true doctrine and you are the one with the false doctrine, it can really strain relationships and destroy entire congregations. My family was forced to leave our group after a strong brother embraced anti-Paulism and went unopposed by the rest of the group. Others might accept lunar sabbaths or become overly legalistic. Be prepared

Making such a move to a messianic community requires great changes and even sacrifices to make the move. Make sure you have an absolutely clear word from Yahweh before doing so and know that the only true community that will last and can be considered "heaven on earth" is the one ruled by Yeshua.

#113907 - 12/02/12 06:38 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: rainbow]
yeshuaslave Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: tulsa
Originally Posted By: rainbow
I've come to see we are to be a light right where we are, and Yahweh will gather us when it is time. We are to love those around us, and little by little we have found believers in our state or nearby all about 2 to 3 hours away...willing to travel at least once a month to fellowship:)

Praise Yahweh, HalleluYah!

Originally Posted By: peacetoGoodWill
Actually rainbow- there have been those in ...(various times and places) who have done this AND -when i first came - it was wonderful- - obviously - if in 1st year "Christianity" it didn't last - what more can i say- right-

........................footnotes...................
yes, a light set on a hill cannot be hid. yet when the wicked are in power, the righteous take cover(sometimes! - >< - sometimes SPEAK UP ! ) oy/flesh pray! abba's will always.
a time for this, a time for that.... no excuse , no rationalizing.... listen listen listen to abba and do what he says.....
RE --- "it didn't last" .... au contrare! .... the world hates the true ekklesia, believers obeying abba by faith and grace in yeshua ....
so all over the world, for quite some time now, EVERY TIME
..................EVERY TIME..................
true believers get together for any lengthe of time....
the world /(and the enemy of christ; satan and demons)
attacks attacks attacks - from outside and from inside !!!
recently
for example in the usa, keith green and his family / fellowship had an unselfish gathering and sharing place for several/many believers to live together sharing all things.
the
r..m..n c.th.l.c powers and others quashed them.(after a few years time).....
but
believers went out and started new houses in truth and fellowship.... (QUIETLY), sharing the gospel freely and truly but not drawing national attention to themselves (except when and as abba brings it about)
btw, this was right where they lived. their own homes. yes.
in most of the world, usa especially(living here, knowing here)....
the biggest hindrance to true self-less fellowship
is selfishness. (calling anything one's own).
only yeshua is able to show his little ones how to live self-sacrificially(totally required to give up everything!).
do not give up hope! NO!.... hope only in abba. he and only he will not disappoint you.
hope in man, or try to make it happen, sorry - doomed to failure.
(same as salvation as when his personal disciples asked yeshua directly HOW THEN CAN ANYONE AT ALL BE SAVED ?!)
with man it is impossible.
but
whoever trusts abba to accomplish this, for them it is as good as done already ! yeshua's own words! YES!

#114753 - 04/09/13 04:53 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: haYasharim]
Yah's handmaiden Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
[content removed by moderator]

Shalom, my name is anna. I must say that your agrarian farm is the closest thing to paradise on earth I have ever heard! My heart has longed to live and work surrounded in the fresh air, surrounded by beautiful nature. smile

I tried to email these good people but the email instantly bounced back! I'm throwing a lifeline one more time in the hopes that Yahuweh will show the way I should go.

I'm a young woman stuck in a rut in New Zealand, surrounded by a sea of non-believers, I feel incredibly isolated. I long to have close friendships again - something that I lost since coming to the faith. I also realise that bad company breeds bad habits (1 cor 15:33), and I'm finding it difficult to survive in this society, especially with finding work. People quickly find that I don't fit into their social cliques and for easier jobs, I'm overqualified. In addition, being fresh out of college when needing to keep Sabbath, the feast days and wearing long linen dresses and a head-covering.

Every day, I'm at risk of having to sell my soul, but I refuse to break any of Yahuweh's commandments. In order not to become a beggar, I got myself into a nursing degree to obtain a job that may permit me to keep the moadim, but daily I'm discerning deception after deception concerning the health industry. It sickens me sick , and every day of the course is a burden.

I long to go back to the basics of organic food, natural medicine and healthy lifestyle (which includes the blessings of the Torah the health industry so readily forsakes). No one in my family or amongst those I know supports this decision, and people think I'm wasting my education and talents. I know also that I'm supposed to rejoice always - is it wrong for me to hate the city life that I've been placed into? As of now, I don't have any savings and I'm carrying a debt of about 2 full years of wages from my tertiary studies. What shall I do? I'm not sure if Yahuweh wants me out of here, but my own soul is screaming at me daily "get out of here". crazy

I don't want to be another Lot, whom had Yahuweh risk the lives of many to be rescued while staying in a land of wickedness. Nor do I want to be foolish and not prepare for the famines that are soon-to-come. My heart longs to be with Yahuweh s people and to serve the Body of Mashiach.

Although I may preach the Word here and there, directly or subtly, I feel it is to little effect, possibly because I'm a woman doing it on my own, and possibly because I too may be deceived. In fact, I really feel that my role is not so much to spread the gospel than to become a fully-fledged Hebrew woman as Yahuweh intended a woman to be. This is why I'm drawn to more frequent fellowship amongst the saints, learning Hebrew thought and meanings in scripture, and practically living out a woman's Biblical role - skillfully providing the basic necessities of the home, their husband, children, animals and the needy in their communities. I believe Yahuweh created me to produce seed of Elohim, to reach out to the needy and the poor, to have dominion over the earth. To be fruitful and multiply. To quietly study the Word. To follow in obedience to a man (or elders) after Yahuweh's own heart. Unless He tells me otherwise, I believe it to well within the Torah and thus right to pursue this dream.

I'm not trained in farm-work or things like sowing, but I can do basic stitching, cook, clean, make tzitzit, sing, dance, photography, do basic nursing, counselling and administration. I studied psychology and know some physical sciences. I'm fit and a quick learner, always willing to learn new skills and to lend a helping hand.

Yahuweh is the center of my life. Searching out the Truth has been a priority in my life since I first picked up a Bible. This is especially so in the areas of the true Sabbath and true Names, but I've come to the conclusion that I just won't know for sure. Thus, what I'm looking for in a fellowship is the humility to consider and adapt to new revelations, a heart of repentance, love and zealousness for the Word.

If there is such a farming fellowship, please tell me of its structure, how you deal with those who don't follow a certain teaching and whom you consider as non-believers.

I would have fainted, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of Yahuweh in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13. My strength fails me, and now I wait upon Yahuweh's deliverance in whatever shape or form. It will certainly take a miracle.

~
Yahuweh bless you, and keep you: Yahuweh make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you: Yahuweh lift up His countenance upon you, and give you shalom. :-)

With ahava,
channah

Edited by RichardLovesYHWH (10/03/13 08:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Content removed by Moderator

#114755 - 04/09/13 07:13 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: Yah's handmaiden]
leejosepho Offline
Joseph Lee
Veteran User***

Loc: NW Louisiana usa
Originally Posted By: Yah's handmaiden
...finding it difficult to survive in this society...

...is it wrong for me to hate the city life that I've been placed into?

Not as long as we do not lash out and blame others for our being wherever we might be. I once heard the illustration of an old slave working at the woodpile, and he would utter a curse at "ol' Adam" with every stroke of the axe. The master then relieved him of his hard work and brought him into a nice place in the house while telling him to never touch a small box on a table in the corner of the sitting room. One day the man could no longer resist, and the note inside the box instructed him to return to the woodpile since he would have not done any differently than "ol' Adam" had done. Escape the concrete jungle if you can, but live in right fellowship and worship wherever you are.

Quote:
Although I may preach the Word here and there, directly or subtly, I feel it is to little effect...

At the very least, that helps to keep you reminded.

Quote:
In fact, I really feel that my role is not so much to spread the gospel than to become a fully-fledged Hebrew woman as Yahuweh intended a woman to be...
Unless He tells me otherwise, I believe it to well within the Torah and thus right to pursue this dream.

Exactly. "Father, my only desire is to delight in you, and to delight only in you."

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
Wonder958, Mayer Fam, James North MI., 4wings, Yasharal 119
3751 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3751 Members
12 Forums
4333 Topics
38769 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
8th Month ("August")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."