Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#112396 - 07/26/10 10:05 PM amish style Messianic community/farm?
The Wellers Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Oklahoma-Kentucky
Is anyone interested in starting an Amish style messianic community/ farm? My husband and I are tired of chasing our tails in this family destroying system we work in. We would love to be able to celebrate Yah’s feast days, but getting off work is almost never permitted. We would love to have a piece of land where we can raise food, livestock, home school our future children…etc. We are not wealthy my husband is a driver for a beverage company and I teach at a “Christian” school. The idea of servants of Yah dwelling together is a great one!!! We would even be willing to work for our room and board, anything to get out of this system. I was in tears today over the fact that we can’t celebrate Sukkot due to work schedules. We don’t know what to do..other than pray that Yah will show us a way! Does anyone else here have the same dream as us?

Ezekiel 11:17 “Therefore say, ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “And I shall gather you from the peoples, and I shall assemble you from the lands where you have been scattered, and I shall give you the land of Yisra’ĕl.”

#112445 - 08/22/10 07:12 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Felix. Offline
Newly Registered User

I don't know what situation your in as far as finances, but for us were behind on everything. Nevertheless Yah has been sustaining us. I had an employer who dismissed me because of my beliefs. I took the case to the EEOC they found in my favor & the employer not only rehired me but gave me a check for $250.00 for lost wages. The law protects your right to worship freely except in extenuating circumstances in which THE EMPLOYER HAS TO PROVE like placing an " undue hardship " on the employer with your abscence. In my opinion you have a case. The rest is up to you. You are in my prayers.

Shalom Felix

#112446 - 08/22/10 03:23 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
matzos Offline
Newly Registered User

Let me preface this by saying I not familiar with these message boards. This is the second time I've posted on a message board..... I'm not fond of computers and don't work with them. I stumbled here.... actually, I'm not sure how..... so if I make errors I preemptively ask for your forgiveness.

Ok, in regards to the Amish-style farm, I will hold you in my prayers. My family were farmers here (America) since the 1680's. I'm the first one not to hold a farm, although I do a bit of goat-raising and gardening. So, your situation is more poignant to me. I do pray you get a farm....

Now, from a practical point, I work alongside Amish daily. I am in a peculiar situation and this is allowed. Growing up rural and on a farm, I can tell you, the reality is much different than the ideal and the learning curve is more than some can handle. I've seen others who have actually tried and, sadly, failed. There are many factors and this is a subject which I have much studied. If this is something you are serious about-- and you should be as this is the Ark in Yahushua-- I would encourage you to look at other models. Practical models and logistics of other farming communities like the Hutterites, Primitive Mennonites, and Primitive Quakers.

There are also other Christian farming communities that have started up in the last 40 years, that will have practical experience in farming survival. Other factors to look at are regulations, codes, zoning, and there are dramatic differences between states. That's why you are seeing an Amish migration right now. These older communities, Amish and Hutterites, study this before relocating. The Amish that I work with, even in our area which has less regulations, are being harassed. Regulations are not used for the betterment of the environment, they are used to eliminate economic competitors-- and agribusiness is using these regulations to squelch community farms.

Most importantly, you need to look at water. If you have water on your property, it is not necessarily yours. You must know the regulations on buying feed or selling products-- different from state to state or from enforcing agents. This is before you are even to the point of putting a hoof on the ground or a seed in it, much less generating a product.

You have to consider energy, technology. The technology used by the Amish is probably the most environmentally friendly of any, but it would take someone new years of learning to master it. Plus, it comes at a cost-- physical cost to both animals and humans.

Some of the Amish are open to the idea of helping. As I understand, so are some Hutterites and Mennonites-- and that's what a community would need. Anyway, there is so much more to this, so very much more.

The best way to do it, after saying all this, is just start. Right where you are. Seek first..... If you ever want to know how you lose land, that I can tell you....

#112449 - 08/25/10 09:41 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Rob and Jen Offline
Newly Registered User

My wife, I and our 4 children have the same dream and have been discussing just how to make that happen! We are going to look for a piece of land somewhere, wherever we are led. We want to be self-sufficient and not work for creature comforts, but simply to provide for our family and the community.

I know it would be really hard in this day and time, but I think it is possible!

Where exactly in Kentucky are you guys>?

Shalom!!!

#112457 - 08/28/10 09:10 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: Rob and Jen]
Ben and Pamela Offline
Newly Registered User

We have a large plot in Southern Tennessee, which we recently purchased to help foster the vision of a community like you describe. Feel free to contact us as HomeShalom@messilife.com.

Ben and Pamela.

Edited by Ben and Pamela (08/28/10 09:14 PM)

#112458 - 08/28/10 09:11 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Ben and Pamela Offline
Newly Registered User

We have a large plot in Southern Tennessee, which we recently purchased to help foster the vision of a community like you describe. Feel free to contact us as HomeShalom@messilife.com.

Ben and Pamela.

Edited by Ben and Pamela (08/28/10 09:13 PM)

#112609 - 12/03/10 12:28 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
rainbow Offline
Experienced User

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: The Wellers
Is anyone interested in starting an Amish style messianic community/ farm? My husband and I are tired of chasing our tails in this family destroying system we work in. We would love to be able to celebrate Yah’s feast days, but getting off work is almost never permitted. We would love to have a piece of land where we can raise food, livestock, home school our future children…etc. We are not wealthy my husband is a driver for a beverage company and I teach at a “Christian” school. The idea of servants of Yah dwelling together is a great one!!! We would even be willing to work for our room and board, anything to get out of this system. I was in tears today over the fact that we can’t celebrate Sukkot due to work schedules. We don’t know what to do..other than pray that Yah will show us a way! Does anyone else here have the same dream as us?

Dear Wellers, my husband and I have had the same desire. We want to be with brethren and homestead, we have a mobile home on the market but it has not sold for almost 3 years...Yahweh willing if it sells we could buy something "cheap" and do something like this...we are not sure where to go an who else has these desires. We have learned to be very frugal. I would love to raise chickens for eggs and meat, and a cow for milk and butter and in a community of brethren...it would be neat to trade with one another as well. One might raise beef, while another raises sheep etc. Our goal is simplicity, frugality and debt free...and to be close to brethren to "love one another"! So, just to let you know, your not alone in your dreams/desire! Yahweh willing, maybe he is drawing us together, there are probably many others as well.
I have seen some of the "communities" and some scare me as you have a "Leader" and they expect you to give up your drivers license all that you have goes to them....those type scare me and do not seem to be in line with Yahweh's word.
Shalom,
Rainbow

Ezekiel 11:17 “Therefore say, ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “And I shall gather you from the peoples, and I shall assemble you from the lands where you have been scattered, and I shall give you the land of Yisra’ĕl.”

#112614 - 12/03/10 01:07 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: rainbow]
yonah1 Offline
Veteran User

Originally Posted By: rainbow
[quote=The Wellers]
"I have seen some of the "communities" and some scare me as you have a "Leader" and they expect you to give up your drivers license all that you have goes to them....those type scare me and do not seem to be in line with Yahweh's word."

And not only that but they even go by Yahweh's name!

I remember one a few years ago where most of the men changed their last name legally to that of the leader. Some place in Oklahoma I think.

#112622 - 12/04/10 10:49 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
NUB Offline
Newly Registered User

Seems we all want to be as the original New Testament Christians. I want the same, not willing to go total utopia commune. Let us combine our resources. I ain't rich either. I can offer excellent opportunity to enter work in a veterinarian field or even set up a grooming business with training. Now that's the hard part. Are we for YHVH and Yeshua. I am married to a wonderful non Messianic wife, we have 4 Acres with a 4 Bedroom DW mobile home in S MS. We never get more than a foot of snow every 8 years. Yeah, we do slow things down around here, but is that a bad thing. There is a not lot of potential here for high paying jobs or anywhere else. First we must all be willing to live under Moral Law as defined in the TORAH. Of course without the curse of the law. I believe we are all Priest in training. Can we do it? We must overcome our differences to enter into the Kingdom of YHVH. I am willing to bring in 2 single individuals or 1 married couple with no more than 2 young children. The reason is because 2 bedrooms are full of useless junk. OK it's not useless, but not it ain't being used. The way I see it, we are the family of YHVH. We all will work. No sleeping until 11 AM unless you got to bed around 6 AM. That is ridiculous I know, but there are people who claim they can't function 'til around that time. Bad thing about that is they are the same ones that go to bed before you. I make excellent Challah Bread. But Due to my occupation I am gone a lot. I do have elderly parents that need care, though they say otherwise. Contact me if you are serious. This community has a lot of potential for a Messianic Christian Group without an Agenda of extra baggage from previous religions. Drop the religious baggage if your are interested. You can contact me at:
stevpace@bellsouth.net we can start there.

I would like to set up a Messianic Christian group here or anywhere else.

Shalom

#112631 - 12/12/10 12:27 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Spirit1 Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: New York/USA
Amen to that,
I live in Upstate ny, and I am tired of struggling to get ahead.It would be wonderful to start a Messianic community of true believers that could live together, work together and be self sufficient.We are coming to the end of the church age, where the Father is turning his attentions to Israel and the sons & daughters of Israel.I for one am fatigued with the luke warm ways of the mainstream Church and our techno secular society.
Count me In,
Dave Moscowitz
Rohester NY

When the son of man returns will he find faith on the earth?

#112632 - 12/12/10 01:17 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: yonah1]
Spirit1 Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: New York/USA
Brothers&Sisters,
My perspective on a community hierarchy like the Wellers propose ,is that there should be a board of Governers, who would be elected(or chosen), by the main body of believers based on education,expierience, and spiritual wisdom.The Torah and new testament scriptures give a pretty definative outline on how believers are to live and conduct themselves.
The main issues to a believer society such as this one, would be how to become self sufficient, and what part each member would play in this community as well as personal property within the community.Everyone is gifted obviously with certain talents that they would contribute, but this endeavor would need to be well planned out.There should be a definate agenda to educate the members on the Jewish feasts and the Lunar calendar, because that is Yeshua's true end time revelation concerning the Jewish revival.

dmoscow1@frontier.com

#112636 - 12/15/10 06:33 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: Spirit1]
rainbow Offline
Experienced User

Loc: New Hampshire
It would have been great if Yahweh's people bought a Hotel like a Best western....everyone would have their space, there would be a community dinning room, swimming pool for Baptisms, a large laundry area and then have a community garden/farm....but I'm sure they don't come cheap...it was just a neat thought.
My husband and I were looking at frugal Yurts as well....some people are doing community living in cabins and yurts and they are not even believers???

Just some more thoughts!
Shalom

#112651 - 12/22/10 01:41 AM .... [Re: rainbow]
yeshuaslave Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: tulsa

#112656 - 12/25/10 10:12 AM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
beeman Offline
Newly Registered User

Hello Wellers:

Keep searching and praying and you will find your place.
We have been building our outpost for 24 years now. We
are totally dependent on Yahweh for are needs and have not
been disappointed. It is true faith building when you
step out and faith and put your feet into the waters and
cross over the Jordon into the promised land.

Munsens
Colfax, La 71417

#112664 - 01/01/11 01:04 PM Re: amish style Messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
mbanak Offline

Loc: Oak Lwn, IL, USA
Until I have the grace and opportunity to post more, I urge you to walk in humility and go slow.

As the blessings acumulate, do not over-interpret them as a statement of divine endorsement of everyhting you are saying and doing. PLEASE, PLEASE walk in humility. Changes must come slowly, so start now.

One defunct commune in The Names had developed a strict doctrine against laughter, even though laughter is one of the promises extended to the oppressed. PLEASE, PLEASE keep your sense of humor, and be willing to laugh at your self on occassion, and the ironies of life. Yahweh made the monkeys .... He has a sense of humor.

Many other fine tips on this blog. The one about the water rights is absolutely critical.

Finally, your blood kin is not the same as the assembly and your assembly is not the same as your blood kin. If you treat your little assembly as though they are blood kin, then you are not operating as an assembly. This may seem obscure to you now. So here's a tip. If you find that the rules governing your family OVER-RULE Congregational Law (In The Scriptures), then you are not operating as an assembly, you are operating as a family. Example: If a visitor speaks the truth in your Sabbath gathering, but you silence him because it's your home, then you are not operating as an assembly ... you are operating as a family.

And now you have a clue as to how cult leaders get started. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Yours in Yahshua,
Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
Wonder958, Mayer Fam, James North MI., 4wings, Yasharal 119
3751 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3751 Members
12 Forums
4334 Topics
38771 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
9th Month ("September")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."