Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#112395 - 07/26/10 10:02 PM Amish style messianic community/farm?
The Wellers Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Oklahoma-Kentucky
Is anyone interested in starting an Amish style messianic community/ farm? My husband and I are tired of chasing our tails in this family destroying system we work in. We would love to be able to celebrate Yah’s feast days, but getting off work is almost never permitted. We would love to have a piece of land where we can raise food, livestock, home school our future children…etc. We are not wealthy my husband is a driver for a beverage company and I teach at a “Christian” school. The idea of servants of Yah dwelling together is a great one!!! We would even be willing to work for our room and board, anything to get out of this system. I was in tears today over the fact that we can’t celebrate Sukkot due to work schedules. We don’t know what to do..other than pray that Yah will show us a way! Does anyone else here have the same dream as us?

Ezekiel 11:17 “Therefore say, ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “And I shall gather you from the peoples, and I shall assemble you from the lands where you have been scattered, and I shall give you the land of Yisra’ĕl.” ’

#112425 - 08/05/10 10:49 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Glenn and Jenn Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Mississippi (for now)
smile We are with you all! It is not easy to make it on your own. We all need a community of believers where we can live together, or else, fail separately. An arm could never survive dissattached from the body...or a foot...or a toe. It doesn't matter what "member" of the body we are, we have to work together. And live in unity as one Body in Messiah. This system is broken, that is why Yahweh gave us Exodus, Numbers, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy. He laid out the Torah, so we as believers can live and work together, LOVING HIM, and then our NEIGHBOR. We have a detailed outline of the community we are envisioning. However, we do not have land or people to come to live on it. But, if we got the call tomorrow, to come and build, and live, we would get up and go. So, when the call is made, count us in as well.

Glenn, Jenn, Abagail and Samuel wink
www.messianicadventure.com

#112479 - 09/13/10 06:21 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: Glenn and Jenn]
2Sticks Offline
Newly Registered User

We are in South Mississippi also. The people in our congregation have gardens, can fruit and vegetables to share with each other and two of us have dairy goats for milk and cheese. We all dream of living on a plot of land that we could share. We have 4 acres now but are looking into a larger piece of property, 12 acres, so we would have room for others.

If you haven't made plans for sukkot, we invite you to join us. We are expecting about 20 from 4 different states, there is plenty of room and food for your family.

Tamera
www.mishkanraqkol.com

#112488 - 09/30/10 05:14 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Hislambs Offline

I would be very interested to here from anyone who has had success in living in a Torah observant community. With the pros and cons as you saw them.

#112490 - 10/09/10 05:04 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Ephraim Offline
Newly Registered User

I'm glad to have found this post and just wanted to mention there actually is some people in Ohio trying to start a Messianic community and they just so happen to be in an Amish community. Actually moved there because of certain benefits in the area. You can check out the website www.bethshalommessianic.webs.com I'm not trying to advertise just thought I'd share for those who might be interested.

#112500 - 10/17/10 12:26 AM ... [Re: The Wellers]
yeshuaslave Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: tulsa

#112580 - 11/20/10 08:37 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
beeman Offline
Newly Registered User

Hello Wellers:

My family has been building an outpost for 23 yrs now.
We are Sabbath observers and Yahweh name believers.
We earn our way by being beekeepers. We have wells
and gardens and some fruit trees. E-mail me back at
beeman157@juno.com if you want to know what we have
learned over the years. We also got out of the rat
race. I live in central Louisiana.

John the beeman

#112686 - 01/15/11 06:15 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: beeman]
smg930 Offline
Newly Registered User

Messianic Jewish communities are needed in Israel. Within my lifetime I hope to see messianic jewish communities spread out all over the land of Israel. That is my dream...to live in Israel....in a Messianic Jewish community. G-d willing!!! I cant find a single messianic kibbutz/community or anything over there. I would love to be involved in starting one...If anyone has any resources, please let me know!! Thanks!

#112687 - 01/17/11 09:20 PM ... [Re: smg930]
yeshuaslave Offline
Very Experienced User

Loc: tulsa

#112691 - 01/19/11 10:43 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: smg930]
rainbow Offline
Experienced User

Loc: New Hampshire
Hello smg930 this was strange, I read your post yesterday and today I was checking something else out on google and stumbled across a messianic video and thought of your post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEBAldf4L0

I thought it was intersting.

Can anyone tell me why Jews seem to call him Yeshua instead of Yahushua it is certainly closer that J-sus

#112693 - 01/20/11 04:16 AM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: rainbow]
harvest144 Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Qld, Australia

Shalom Rainbow,

I've also wondered about the correct name to use for Yeshua. There seems to be several names that can be used & I would suggest that we don't really now the correct spelling.

Each Messianic movement that I've looked at claim that their spelling is the only correct one. This is much the same as all the mainstream "christian religions" claiming that they are the only true "church".

Perhaps the natural Israelites are the best authority on the matter.

H144

#112718 - 01/28/11 12:15 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: The Wellers]
Carrol Offline
The Remnant

Loc: Kentucky USA
I hear what you are saying. I love the Amish way of living.
I live in East Central Kentucky, and I am alone in my walk with Almighty Yahweh. I have no one I can really talk to except on the websites that believes in the Sacred Name of Almighty Yahweh and Yahshua the Messiah.

#112737 - 02/05/11 09:55 AM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: smg930]
Yeshuais4me Offline
Newly Registered User

Here is an existing ALL-messianic community living in Israel about 10 miles from Yerusalem. I have also attached a few links to you-tube videos that tell of many messianic congregations in Jerusalem which interview some of the people in this first link. Hope this helps you. Shalom Paul R.

http://www.yad8.com/pdf/yadha8.pdf

Here are a few You-tube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEBAldf4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKVAZpc7dU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcT-SE-OQTs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXlSH9SPGxA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBz7Js_TP-o&feature=channel

#112740 - 02/06/11 07:01 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: Yeshuais4me]
smg930 Offline
Newly Registered User

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! GREAT VIDEOS!!!!!! I HOPE TO MAKE ALIYAH SOON!!!

#112741 - 02/07/11 08:34 PM Re: Amish style messianic community/farm? [Re: smg930]
Tamara Boussum Offline
Newly Registered User

Shalom Wellers, the Boussums here, we are searching for the very same thing. In our search we found a community that seemed awesome at 1st but, as time moved on we noticed, they didn't wear tzittzit all the time, only on shabbat and high holy days. We had to stand at attention when the leader was seen or entered our presence, even the children had to stop playing and stand for him. My understanding is we are not to call any man our leader, rabbi, teacher, only One is our Teacher, Rabbi, and Leader and that is our Messiah YAHSHUA, and all the rest of us are equal.
To start a community or join one, you need to know what questions to ask, even the adversary knows the scriptures inside and out.
1st question, are they practicing what they preach? Like wearing the tzit tzit, not having any graven image (ceramic, stone, wood metal any carved shape even of snow or ice). I once knew a woman who actually worshiped her 5 vehicles, she even clamed they talked to her.
I even met a family that are well known for their Torah portions but, their children have dragon toys, T-shirts, all kinds of superhero toys and clothes. But the worst of the toys are avatar, and toy weapons of all kinds, I was sooo surprised.
Is there something wrong with me, or did I read and remember, the snowman, the Hanukkah bush, Hanukkah wreath, the lights some people put on their trees at that time of year, and claim 'Its only to light the drive way.' It's all pagan.
I thought it would be simple. Rite... We all need to put YHVH 1st, have patience, He has the plan for us all. We need to slow down. I almost made some very big mistakes chasing my own heart.
I can't wait to see my neighbor to love my neighbor as myself... I love my neighbor now and I haven't even met.
I can't wait to live free, to worship YHVH at the feasts, to learn to sing the proper songs and dance around the camp fire!!!
Shalom, may YHVH bless you with a amish style Messianic Community Farm! One that keeps the 7th day sabbath, no pagan under or overtones.
Tamara

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
2workinghands, Willie Wong, A.W.E., Veracity, KimberlyH
3771 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3771 Members
12 Forums
4335 Topics
38774 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
11th Month ("November")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."