Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Welcome to the Forums at
EliYah's Home Page

These forums are for encouraging communication & fellowship between believers, with the goal of walking in love through obedience to Yahweh's word (Genesis to Revelation).

However, the opinions/attitudes expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of EliYah or of Yahweh's people as a whole.

Topic Options
Hop to:
#106151 - 02/15/07 01:59 PM Romans 14 Have Faith
squartucci Offline
Veteran User*

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada USA
Shalom all

Romans 14

I was talking to my dad on the phone this morning (my flesh dad) and he is a Southern Freewill Baptist.
We have had many discussions about scripture and clearly see differently on MANY subjects. I am aware of his stance on most of them.

When I was talking to him this morning the subject of meat offered unto idols came up and I wanted to say something along the lines of eating clean and unclean meat but we have had the discussion before and I know that his stance is the new testament says ALL meat is clean and the dietary laws of leviticus are passed away.

I saw something inside of me that wanted to say my views ANYWAY even though I knew exactly how he would respond.
I resisted that urge.

Therin, I realized there is no excuse to have more than one argument with someone. When we are having a discussion about a subject and both sides have established their stand and they are not in agreement then the subject never needs to be discussed again unless one person decides to reconsider their position and inquires of the other regarding their belief. But to bring up a subject or answer a subject when I already know their position is not pursuing peace or edification (Rom 14:19)

Then as we closed our conversation I had a prompting to pray in agreement with my dad concerning my brother, Bill. I often open my prayers in Hebrew or at the least address my heavenly Father as YHWH and close my prayers in the name of YHUShO Ha Mashiach (Yahusha the Messiah) but as I closed the prayer I was strongly prompted to close it in the name of Jesus.
My father and I have had discussions before and it is a bit offensive to him when I use the hebrew so I knew to use it would be contentious. I was motivated by pure love for my dad and not controlled by anything but love.

When I went to YHWH after I hung up the phone to sort out the issue of using Jesus's name. The spirit took me to Romans 14 especially verse 22
Rom 14:22 Have you faith? have it to yourself before YHWH. Happy is he that condemns not himself in that thing which he allows.

Have it to yourself before YHWH!.
I do not need to prove everything to YHWH by demonstrating it in front of people. He KNOWS what is in my heart! I know his name and I know his son's name and I know blah blah blah but it does not need to be proven unto others. Actually if we can have our faith unto YHWH and keep peace, receive him who is weak in the faith and do not cause an obstacle or stumbling block in our brother's way we are actually having MORE faith than if we go around spewing our great faith, offending and stumbling others. Just as secret praying results in open blessing (Mat 6:5-6) so does secret faith result in open blessing.

I know this may be DUH but the deeper revelation of it was eye opening to me. I know I used to think it was some kind of betrayal to NOT speak what I believe or worse to partake of or say something that I had greater knowledge about but the fact is: YHWH knows the heart and is not dependent upon our outward behavior to judge our motives. YHWH never misunderstands me or my motives. He knows me better than I know myself!

There is no greater motivation than LOVE!

Thanks for listening and sharing my joy

Shalom
Sharon

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of YHWH of great price.

[This message has been edited by squartucci (edited 02-15-2007).]

#112997 - 07/18/11 11:53 PM Re: Romans 14 Have Faith [Re: squartucci]
Andy228 Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: South Eastern Kentucky, United...
Leviticus 19:17 "You shall not hate your brother in your heart, you shall in any wise rebuke your neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him"

#113052 - 08/12/11 11:52 PM Re: Romans 14 Have Faith [Re: squartucci]
Brother Jason Offline
Newly Registered User

Loc: Florida
Greetings Sister,

I have to respectfully disagree with your position about closing the prayer in "Jesus" name. The bottom line of the issue is who are you seeking to please your earthly Father or your heavenly father? Honoring your Father and Mother does not mean you should dishonor the Heavenly Father in the process.

Would your father close his prayer in the hebrew name not to offend you? So why should you close in the false name?

There is nothing in the scriptures that talks about "secret faith" The early believers lived their faith and proudly proclaimed the name of the Father and the Son even in the face of persecution and certain death. We are not called to be undercover agents in Mashiach. That being said, there is a fine balance between boldly proclaiming what you believe and being obnoxious. The Ruach must guide you and tell you when to continue bearing witness and when to wipe the dust off your feet.

Yes YAHUWAH knows our heart, but He is looking to see if the words on our lips (the fruit of our lips) matches with what is in the heart.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O YAHUWAH, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Please receive these words prayerfully,

Shalom

Brother Jason

Moderator:  EliYah, Richard 
Search

Newest Members
2workinghands, Willie Wong, A.W.E., Veracity, KimberlyH
3771 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3771 Members
12 Forums
4335 Topics
38774 Posts

Max Online: 143 @ 06/28/12 03:17 PM
Search the RNKJV

Search the Strong's Lexicon

Hebrew Greek

LINKS
Chat Room
Online Sabbath Meeting
Studies on Torah Keeping
Avoiding Strife
Loving Your Brother
11th Month ("November")
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."